warbirdnut Publish time 2013-6-4 07:56:59

Ally AI

So I noticed that the Ally I had on my last round decided to walk around in circles for no apparent reason and stand still when they were taking hits from a creature that was launching projectiles.  Isn't part of the Ally's AI to move if getting struck? The Ally was on the edge of a path facing outwards so parhaps it thought it was blocked perhaps?

FlightTribe Publish time 2013-6-4 16:45:08

Well.... AI isn't perfect (otherwise we'd all be running away from SkyNet)
Just sounds like a small glitch  :)

warbirdnut Publish time 2013-6-5 01:34:05

Yea once I blasted the creature with meteor shower, everything was normal.  At least I haven't seen them kill themselves yet. There's a first person shooter I play. Some times you can duck behind a wall by a bot in the game. They'll keep tracking you and then wind up shooting the wall that they're standing in front of. . ;P

Overall the AI seems ok. The only other thing I've seen is if you come up behind a boss monster fighting your Ally, they don't turn around and try to fight the regular player off or move.  But like you said, AI isn't perfect. :)

warbirdnut Publish time 2013-6-5 02:40:28

FlightTribe replied at 2013-6-4 16:45 static/image/common/back.gif
Well.... AI isn't perfect (otherwise we'd all be running away from SkyNet)
Just sounds like a small  ...

I was able to duplicate it. :)  I've attached a video, sorry for the quality, but you can get the ideal. You'll see the ally getting clobbered and me running away to get him to move. Anyways, take a look at the video if you guys want to address it.

So when is the next updating comming out? Will there be documentation stating what was fixed or what to look out for.  I've done some testing before, and its been a bit more structured.  I'm assuming you have some internal guys that may be taking care of some of the testing, but I was just curious.

FlightTribe Publish time 2013-6-5 15:05:08

Ummm..... I'm not sure you did attach a video  :)

The next update should contain crafting and Area 7, soooooo all going well...... 2 to 3 weeks-ish I would estimate !!

warbirdnut Publish time 2013-6-7 11:22:10

Sorry the file is too large. I'll have to see if I edit the file.

blazingblzrd Publish time 2013-10-10 23:22:54

This happens to me sometimes (90% of the time) as well or ally AI stops moving or keeps running in place. mostly happens when ambush mobs appear or when they get hit by ranged enemies.
What I do to fix this is i kite an enemy that can stun and have it stun the ally. that almost always gets them back to following me again.
Problem is there isn't always a monster that can stun around. and once you enter a cave or a new map, enemy's just ignore the stuck ally and you have to solo the rest.
maybe an ai ally summon switch or something? to reset the ally ai back or something. i don't know haha.
ABSOLUTELY LOVING the game btw.
Pages: [1]
View full version: Ally AI