cuddle13 Publish time 2015-1-11 02:39:53

PvP Arena

I wonder how easy (tough) it would be for SH to add a true PvP Arena where both players are online at the same time and able to control their cards during the battle.

I think that would be awesome.

Laserman Publish time 2015-1-11 03:35:07

Certainly that would be awesome, but would require a lot of re-work to the existing program.
It would also rely heavily on speed of Client's systems/connections.

Current configuration as near as I can figure is like this:

Client selects battle -> packet sent to server
Server sends current card info from other team -> Client
Client runs battle, after end of battle, Client sends results -> Server

Not too bad.

If you have both parties running their teams at the same time, you now have Client1 <-> server <-> Client2

Battle no longer runs on Client, would have to run on Server
Server would have to have constant communication with both Clients and send changes made by other end during battle to other side. These are not Serial, more like parallel communication. Structure here is much more complex and communication lag would be crazy. Many games I have played where PvP was Client ran like this game using some sort of AI for the other team. All of them would be 10 times better if both parties were on line and ran their teams. Very Awesome indeed. Practicality though prevents it from happening.

Technology is catching up.
Many games now run on line with team work on game consoles and PC.
It can be done. But more costly.

cuddle13 Publish time 2015-1-11 03:38:30

Thanks for the explanation. It makes senses.
I played other games where you can fight other players "live" before but I guess they do all require the servers that "host" the battles.

2manish Publish time 2015-1-11 03:44:36

Hmm... Very nice suggestion but i think it also make headache for sh because if both players are online then from which side the skill attack have to start??

Laserman Publish time 2015-1-11 04:06:02

2manish replied at 2015-1-11 03:44 static/image/common/back.gif
Hmm... Very nice suggestion but i think it also make headache for sh because if both players are onl ...

That would still be the side that initiated the battle.
This though leads to lag problems. You select you skills and aim your disciples, then other side does theirs, then you react, they react so forth and so on. Also, both sides would have possibility of Client <-> Server timeout "Lost Connection to Server".

BubbleLead Publish time 2015-1-11 04:14:50

Personally, I'm not really interested in live PvP; this relaxed approach works for me.
I only wish the AI was smarter sometimes! :dizzy:

cuddle13 Publish time 2015-1-11 04:18:57

real-time pvp can motivate players to get better cards and different synergy instead of one deck kills all type of strategy like it is right now...

Laserman Publish time 2015-1-11 04:27:06

cuddle13 replied at 2015-1-11 04:18 static/image/common/back.gif
real-time pvp can motivate players to get better cards and different synergy instead of one deck kil ...

So would the FREE Arena my group suggested to them some months ago.

Maybe I should start a thread for it?

BubbleLead Publish time 2015-1-11 04:30:39

cuddle13 replied at 2015-1-10 21:18 static/image/common/back.gif
real-time pvp can motivate players to get better cards and different synergy instead of one deck kil ...
I totally agree with you about that, but I think the solution pertains to the "game balance".
They need to give strong options to counter the dominant archetypes of decks (mono-liquid being the strongest atm), so players will be encouraged to have more teams to face different threats, instead of only 4 super-pumped cards good for everything in the game!
As I said, one missed opportunity might be the new anti-water skill, if it really has that pathetic %.
Otherwise, they could make the AI a bit smarter with targeting and using skills.
I don't think real-time pvp could solve this balance problem in any way.

Laserman Publish time 2015-1-11 04:38:33

Players are building strong water teams for the World Boss.
Actually the strongest team type at the moment is Wind, wind can achieve 255% Wind buff.
Fire and Liquid 200%, Earth 195%.
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: PvP Arena