Apie Publish time 2015-4-3 13:36:11

server rollback

Bloodshed just went down about 20 minutes ago.
Its back up now but the server was rolled back and I lost all the progress i made in about hour.
I'm missing shards, items and hope.
this is depressing

tokay Publish time 2015-4-3 14:50:21

1426357132JgNobh,
Sorry to hear you've encountered a problem, but as far as we can tell there was no server outage. Certainly no other players reporting on server issues or lost items. Still, please report the issue in detail via the support channel and we'll get you sorted out.

http://support.spicyhorse.com

Thanks.

Apie Publish time 2015-4-4 16:33:42

apparently these problems are either exclusive to me only or I'm making all this stuff up.
every time I report an issue, support politely tells me there is absolutely nothing wrong.
then i have to go and provide evidence which I really don't have to do.

regarding this particular issue, support was unable to find any problems and claim there was no server outage at all. Which is a lot different to what I saw on my screen. I managed to log into the game, I was unable to log into Bloodshed which took me to the server select screen.
After about 15 minutes, I managed to log back into the game, I was missing hope, shards, items, and hard pve charges I spent prior to the disconnection. Furthermore, the raid boss leaderboard was wiped clean with about 40minutes left.

I was compensated for me losses but I'm afraid this issue has not been addressed.

Eqwi Publish time 2015-4-5 00:13:59

1426357132JgNobh replied at 2015-4-4 16:33 static/image/common/back.gif
apparently these problems are either exclusive to me only or I'm making all this stuff up.
every tim ...

I too have had some issues with Bloodshed. Not recently though. A few times I would be able to log in to Abaddon, but the game would say "login failure" or something like that whenever I'd attempt to log in to Bloodshed. I reported that and was also told that it must be a network issue that they obviously cannot fix. Well, who knows : /

tokay Publish time 2015-4-5 07:25:25

1426357132JgNobh,
The issue here is that we're talking about a server-based game with all being records stored and made available for review by our team as-needed. That means that when your ticket came into our studio, we first *freaked out* and then went to take a look at the logs. After the initial review it was decided that there had been no "server outage." Because this could be a potentially game-killing (and business killing issue) we then looked at the logs again - in even more detail. What we saw was a continuous record of player activity throughout the day, with no interruption with regards to the server's expected functions.

In other words - there was no server outage and no rollback.

Now, that *does not mean* that you didn't encounter a problem. We also reviewed your account, in detail, and again were unable to detect any sign of the problems you reported. And *again* this doesn't mean you didn't encounter a problem.

Because yours was the only ticket to come into support on this topic, we also felt it was safe to assume this problem is specific to you, your account, and your device/connection.

We simply cannot find evidence to support the concept that there was an outage or that your account suffered a rollback.

We are not saying that you're making this up. You were sent compensation.

What we are saying is this:
We cannot fix a problem when we don't have evidence of the problem.
We would *really* appreciate if you didn't make this into a bigger issue than it is. Everyone gets rightly freaked out when someone is going around talking about rollbacks and outages with a server-based game.
And it would be hugely helpful if you could keep an eye out for a repeat appearance of this issue - and try to grab screenshots. The only thing we've got to go on is going to be the evidence you provide. And your screenshots or other info will be what we use to find and fix this problem.

I appreciate your assistance and understanding here.  

Apie Publish time 2015-4-5 09:16:22

dude its easter sunday chill
have you checked the raid boss data for that time period

tokay Publish time 2015-4-5 09:59:42

1426357132JgNobh,
Sorry? Is there something in my response you think needs to be moderated?

I live in China, a staunchly secular country, where we don't celebrate Easter. Instead, this weekend is Qingming Festival AKA Ancestors Day. We're eating special dumplings made of barley grass and sticky rice. It's pretty chill. :D

Yes, the Raid Boss data for that time was examined as well. No sign of anything going haywire.

Please let us know if you encounter the issue again. I'd like our team to get to the bottom of it. Thanks.

Apie Publish time 2015-4-5 10:52:16

what did the leaderboard look like 20 minutes prior to my original post and time of post

i didnt know i was making a big deal, but ur welcome to delete the entire thread if u like

tokay Publish time 2015-4-7 09:32:46

As it was a holiday here, we've been unable to take another look until this morning. Flight, the guy who previously handled your support ticket, will take another look and let you know soon.

I do not think you're making a big deal. At the same time, I am asking you to recognize the fear that might be caused by someone posting about a 'server rollback' on a forum for an online game. It's like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.

We don't have a habit of deleting threads. Has happened a few times, and only as a result of some extremely offensive content... or blatant violation of our TOS/Community Rules. We prefer to let info exist so people can read through it.

What concerns me about your post (and it's not a big concern) is saying that this "issue still exists," when we don't actually know what the issue is. Again, someone reading this could think, "Oh, great. This game is going to eat my progress and my money... it's not stable. I'm not going to play!" That's damaging to the reputation of the game and to our business.

Anyway, it's all here for everyone to read.

And Flight will get back to you with more info (if there is any) related to the problem you encountered.

Please let us know if you run into any additional problems in the future. Thanks!

FlightTribe Publish time 2015-4-7 10:51:46

Unfortunately there's nothing extra to be said after checking.
There's no evidence of any rollbacks or anything happening to the Bloodshed server when checking the data, and no other users reporting any similar issues.

However, I have mentioned that our GM Tool should be being upgraded very shortly to allow us to provide even more details to a player about what's happening to their account and how much stuff they had, what was spent, if anything is missing etc etc...

Cheers
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: server rollback