PyongYunks Publish time 2015-6-17 10:07:45

How do elemental damage buffs work?

If My Wind card has an elemental damage multiplier like Wind Attunement/Squall/Gale do those multipliers only enhance other Wind related attack skills (like Cyclone or Thunder Storm) or does it apply to the Disciple's normal attacks as well?

Madecasol357 Publish time 2015-6-17 10:23:55

It applies other normal attack. That's why single elemental deck is better than rainbow one. Especially after recent update(agument adjustment), It's damage gap is getting bigger and that's what I'm worry about because the difficulty of IM has also increased. Whenever I met single elemental team(especially water, that damn tefnut+carnal combination), They kill my FA in a eye twinkle moment. Very sad! :(

Feanyar Publish time 2015-6-17 11:18:05

1) Different elemental buffs (means: different name) do stack additive:
Gale+Squall+Attune at lvl 10 would add up to: 60%+65%+75% = 200% bonus damage and would triple you wind damage.
2) They enhance normal damage and (most) skills. Thunderstorm, Cyclone etc. are being buffed. Some special skills as eg. Energy Flux aren't affected by buffs.

Yes, the elemental team buffs are core to get a decent dmg output.

PS @ Madecasol:
Since you run into high dps teams and have problems keeping your FA alive long enough for fear to pop I assume you have multiple NMed cards. You could use FA mainly as fear-charger in mare, using invincibility. With invinc at lvl9 (better 10), you can send her forward drawing all enemy attention. Invinc pops in time before she gets hit and lasts long enough for her to fear the enemy team. After that it's just cleanup duties. ;)

Madecasol357 Publish time 2015-6-17 11:40:44

Feanyar replied at 2015-6-17 11:18 static/image/common/back.gif
1) Different elemental buffs (means: different name) do stack additive:
Gale+Squall+Attune at lvl 10 ...

Wow thanks! Actually, I didn't know there's difference of initial delay for each skill level. Mine is 7 now and it will takes an week to realize the fact you mentioned. Thanks a lot!

PyongYunks Publish time 2015-6-17 21:06:44

Thanks for the great info made and Feanyar. Appreciate it!

Nech Publish time 2015-6-17 21:38:13

Actually there is a little gap after invincibility 10 wears off and before fear 10 is ready, like less than a second. So far, no trouble in mare yet, but not be too confident in arena against really strong opponent or you'll get arg oneshotted before fear.
Sometimes arg fear while a ranged projectile still flying, in this case no problem in arena (since she fear), but be careful in mare (if she die).
In my case (and for many of you), with a very fast running melee, it is just a question of unluck to still have aggro on arg of that specific strong opponent when invi wears off.

Madecasol357 Publish time 2015-6-18 07:11:20

Nech replied at 2015-6-17 21:38 static/image/common/back.gif
Actually there is a little gap after invincibility 10 wears off and before fear 10 is ready, like le ...

That's the problem. My FA's hp is 600k and thoes strong water team I usually met consist with CQ and Tefnut has more than 60k dps as average. That's crazy. When I move her to center as the match start, she just died at single shot!.

Feanyar Publish time 2015-6-18 16:55:23

Madecasol357 replied at 2015-6-18 00:11 static/image/common/back.gif
That's the problem. My FA's hp is 600k and thoes strong water team I usually met consist with CQ a ...

Thats where invinc comes into play.
With invinc9 you might get hit by one single attack versus fast moving / fast hitting rangeds before invinc9 is ready. Its close, but usually not a big problem (yes, I encounter such teams too and my FA is squishier than yours ;)). You can delay that 1st hit a tad by moving your FA forward just before the enemies spawn (and all disciples start moving forward on their own).

With invinc10, there might be a tiny gap after invinc10 ends and fear actually procs. Mostly, as Nech stated, due to attacks still being "in the air" while fear has already stunned all enemies. You can delay/eliminate that too.
1) Either by moving your FA as late as possible forward (same as invinc9) and delaying invinc to the last possible moment before the attacks impact
2) Or by moving FA very far forward thus reducing the "air time" of ranged attacks by the time fear pops and invinc ends.

In the end, invinc9 works for a vanguard too. But invinc10 offers you a bit more control/flexibility to adjust timings towards how fast / when the enemy attacks hit.

In any case, having your FA die with invinc 9/10 is very, very rare - even against hard hitting autoattackers as a triplebuffed liquid team with Teffy & Co. And in mare you can always just retry in such rare occurances. Mostly its just extremly unlucky timing with autoattacks being still airborne.

diudiuz Publish time 2015-6-18 20:51:29

I'm having good results with 500k FA with Invicibility lvl8. She moves first a bit and can 98% of the time take the first hits w/o dying before Invc kicks in. Then because the Invc was bit "delayed" the Fear kicks in without any "hang time" and it's easy to wipe the opposition during those 9-10 seconds with my 46k dps Befa.

Those few elements are "IM made easy" imho.

ZadrotinaDa Publish time 2015-6-19 00:51:21

Edited by ZadrotinaDa at 2015-6-19 01:01

diudiuz replied at 2015-6-18 20:51 static/image/common/back.gif
I'm having good results with 500k FA with Invicibility lvl8. She moves first a bit and can 98% of th ...
inv lvl9 better. I had some problems with lvl8. Some water teams with untamed agression х2 can kill u before fear proc. And the chance of dying will increase with ur progression of stats and lvl
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: How do elemental damage buffs work?