SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: TroyFoxxin

Support for linux? [Copy link]

Post time 2013-2-18 23:21:53 |Show all posts
I guess that kickstarter terms of service won't let them leave Linux users with nothing. That was a stated goal so they're obligated to do it. And they're a really nice people, they are more open to players suggestion than anyone else in game industry. They want to do Linux version, and they will do everything that they can to finish it as quick as possible. No need to worry.

And remember that they're a independent developer with a small team. For the first few days they were extremely busy quickfixing the bugs that occured first time in final release, and dealing with the need for new servers for asian players. And even then they managed to do a news about servers and few more about kickstarter rewards. So it's not that there were no news at all. Development process was dead for two weeks so there were just nothing else to news about.

And they still didn't left users alone for even a day. The community team is based in USA and they were all time online on the game webchat to help users. They care about all of us, really.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-19 04:31:18 |Show all posts
When all the devs get back (should be today or tomorrow,) their first priority is squashing all these bugs that are cropping up. After that, they can start working on new features like Linux native support.

There isn't much to say. They're clearly going to add support, but it's going to be a lot of work, so it will take some time.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-19 05:00:20 |Show all posts
Even if you are not able to play on Linux, you still can go to this page:
http://spicyworld.spicyhorse.com/world/game-akaneiro.html

You dont have to start the game, but you can go to that chat. Devs and Mods are nearly 24/7 (even in their free time!) there and you can always ask for status updates.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-19 18:02:40 |Show all posts
We are working on a Linux client version but, as with everything, it takes time and we have a lot of other things to do too!

We'll be publishing a roadmap soon with estimates for when we think we hope to have each thing done. However, please keep in mind this is game development with a small team so the dates will be subject to change.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-19 18:05:46 |Show all posts
Edited by TroyFoxxin at 2013-2-19 18:09

You know, all i needed was a yes or no is if there was a plan too. i just heard about the game from greenlight when i made the post. so i wasn't sure if it was incorrect or not. lol

Not like i knew about it for awhile and was getting mad if there was going to be a Linux version or not. it would be nice but not important to me. but is to the Linux world that needs more eyes on it to get more devs on board for other games and even other cool apps. not just games.

So no need to get all crazy fellas.

Nice to know they have plans on it. ill keep an eye out for it. ^^

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-21 04:02:40 |Show all posts
Who's crazy?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-8-20 04:59 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.013687 second(s), 8 queries .

To Top