SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 951|Reply: 9

Anyone else suddenly getting kicked for "suspicious activity"? [Copy link]

Post time 2013-3-4 15:48:19 |Show all posts
Just this evening I got kicked out of the Graverobbers mission and back to the login twice, with the message "Suspicious activity has been detected from your account.  Make sure you are playing with the latest version."  That's never happened to me before.  It must be some bug in the cheat detection, but I'm not sure what can be causing it so I don't know what to change to avoid it.

* I restarted the installer just to be sure a new client version hadn't been pushed out, but apparently not.
* The server was laggy as hell with monsters popping from place to place; I don't know if that could have some kind of effect that ends up looking suspicious?
* Does enabling the "auto-attack" checkbox work too well and trigger some kind of anti-bot detector?
* I just upgraded my MB this evening, as my old one was dying and kept crashing, so my system is running faster but I doubt that's it; it's still an oldish system and I can't imagine a sllight jump in CPU speed making much difference compared to ping.
* Some bug specific to Graverobbers? Come to think of it, it happened near the same place twice, about three-quarters of the way around the "donut" shape of the first cave.
* My caltrops were working great tonight.  Is my ninja just too awesome for the server to handle?

Anyway, is anybody else having problems with this out of the blue?

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-4 16:11:11 |Show all posts
Did you overclock your CPU / GPU ?

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-5 04:13:06 |Show all posts
A lot of people have reported this. Fill out a zendesk bug report to help the team squash this.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-5 04:57:13 |Show all posts
u used to fall through the floor in graverobbers... dc could be the new thing

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-5 11:16:39 |Show all posts
That message is triggered by the anti-cheat system but it should not appear during normal gameplay. Please submit a ticket to our bug reporting tool and we can work with you to fix this problem.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-5 15:50:10 |Show all posts
Filing out the form right now...

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-5 16:02:19 |Show all posts
Edited by CWR at 2013-3-5 16:03

Ticket done.  To answer Duke, yes I am overclocking the CPU with the new MB: Intel Core 2 Quad E6600 clocked up from 2.4GHz to 2.8GHz.  I wasn't doing that previously because the old Gigabyte mobo wasn't stable when overclocked.  I put that into the bug report in case it might be relevant, though the connection seems a bit farfetched.

Edit to add:
Thanks all for the supportive replies; I appreciate them.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-5 19:07:28 |Show all posts
We have had issues with overclocking triggering the anti-cheat system in the past, though we did some changes to fix that. Hopefully the network programmers can figure it out

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-5 22:59:41 |Show all posts
OK then, it's easy enough for me to just not crank the speed up.  Hope you get the bug fixed but in the meantime thanks for the tip!

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-15 10:29:36 |Show all posts
Edited by clouddew at 2013-3-15 10:33

IT kicked me out too. I have only played this pretty looking game for 5-6mins. I raised a ticket as I couldn't reconnect and once I re loaded the app it wanted to download all 600mb again! Thats put me off for the time being.

Shame.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-12 17:01 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016285 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top