Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 7547|Reply: 65

Donation Questions  Close [Copy link]

Post time 2012-11-16 22:12:08 |Show all posts
Edited by Cassielle at 2013-2-5 14:04

MODERATOR EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION:
The information about Akaneiro's free-to-play status below is in error. It was considered temporarily, then the Kickstarter allowed us to keep it free-to-play.
I repeat: Akaneiro WILL BE FREE TO PLAY.
Thank you! Original user's post below
--Cassy
------------------------------------------

I just made a donation, but I got some questions about it because I'm not sure if everything went alright.

I have paypal account registrated to different email adress than my akaneiro beta account. In paypal there were no place to put additional information so I'm not sure if you will know from what player you received the money. All i get is paypal confirmation on second email adress. I have no information from spicyworld on any of my mails and I don't see any information on any place on the website. I hope that this is supposed to be that way and that everything went right.

You're doing the great job : ]

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-18 23:31:34 |Show all posts
We'll confirm this for you as soon as possible, and get an official thread up to address any further queries about donations and release plans.
If others have donation/release questions, post them here and we'll be sure to address it in the official information.

We greatly appreciate the support (in every form). You're all making a difference - believe that!

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-21 09:53:08 |Show all posts
As you'll probably have noticed in the meantime, you'll now see the Akaneiro Supporter tag/icon beneath your forum avatar.

This confirms we've got your donation. Thanks

Attachment: You have to Login to download or view attachment(s). No Account?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-22 14:55:33 |Show all posts
I would love to donate, but... I myself, as I think many others, would like to see more explanation on why one should donate to Akaneiro development. As far as I know the publisher is EA. Am I mistaken or what?
You should elaborate description on this page quite a bit for easier understanding.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-23 10:17:21 |Show all posts
breadfan85 replied at 2012-11-22 14:55
I would love to donate, but... I myself, as I think many others, would like to see more explanation  ...

breadfan,
As is stated on the donation page, we're an independent developer. That means we have no association with or publishing channel through EA or any of its affiliates. Independent means self-funded, self-directed and self-published. Being independent also means we could use support from our fans since we don't get support from the big evil Borg (aka EA).

As for why... that's also detailed a bit in the original donation page text, which reads:

"Besides the warm, fuzzy feeling you'll get from supporting an independent developer, donating will give you a chance to get earlier access to the final game, and donator-exclusive game items."

So... early access, exclusive items and warm fuzzies. Because it's a donation, the "why" beyond that is really up to you. Do you enjoy the game? Do you think it deserves support? Then feel free to donate.

If donation isn't interesting to you but you still want to support the game, simply wait until the pricing is announced and make a purchase at that time.

Hope that helps!

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-23 18:30:46 |Show all posts
Thank you very much for confirmation, fink. Now I can breathe easy again, I don't really use a paypal so I was really worried if I did everything correctly. And I look forward to more ways to support your work in future of course.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-23 19:36:47 |Show all posts
Edited by breadfan85 at 2012-11-23 16:37
tokay replied at 2012-11-23 07:17
breadfan,
As is stated on the donation page, we're an independent developer. That means we have n ...

By saying 'early access to the final game' you mean that Akaneiro won't tread F2P model? I'm asking because it's not entirely clear, at least for me.
Thank you for your answers.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-23 21:54:56 |Show all posts
breadfan: That's correct, we're switching to a paid model. We'll be announcing full details on release plan for the game next week. That will include a comprehensive list of features, content and a future roadmap for additions and expansions.

We'll also detail what those who choose to donate and pre-order (respectively) will receive in thanks.

Your query is well founded, hang in there for a more complete answer.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-24 00:17:20 |Show all posts
donate and pre-order (respectively)

You mean that the donators and pre-orderers will receive different items?

And if yes, does that mean if donation is high enough it will be classified also as pre-order and thus donator will be able to receive items for both donators and pre-orderers? The information on donation page suggest that by saying
If your donation now matches/exceeds our final price, you'll have automatic access to our first release with no further payment.
but don't say directly that automatic access is identical with pre-order, so I'd like to be sure.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-24 05:44:20 |Show all posts

Akaneiro will not be a free-to-play game

i just read this forum post: http://spicyworld.spicyhorse.com/social/thread-410-1-1.html

and i noticed that fink said that the game will switch to a paid model, what do you all think?
for me will be a goodbye ticket

Fink: "That's correct, we're switching to a paid model. We'll be announcing full details on release plan for the game next week. That will include a comprehensive list of features, content and a future roadmap for additions and expansions.

We'll also detail what those who choose to donate and pre-order (respectively) will receive in thanks."

again just let me know what you all think

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2014-10-23 11:45 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.019033 second(s), 11 queries .

To Top