Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 5791|Reply: 74

Tokay, can we get this fixed please? [Copy link]

Post time 2015-1-24 02:06:48 |Show all posts
Edited by Laserman at 2015-1-24 09:15

Dear beloved Tokay,

Overseer of fairness and listener of players, we appeal to you the God of The Gate (wait, can Hell have a Diety?). Anyways, our tale is as follows……..

My friends and I have lamented for some time that certain UR’s don’t see to show up as much as others in the IM shop. The Molten seemed to be frequent and Queen Tefnut hiding. But we just harbored various thoughts of insidious plots and subplots.

Then Mallard Machine, in a response in a thread made the following statement.

"Yep, once an Ultra-Rare has been added to the pool of available randoms, it has the same appearance rate as every other ultra-rare in the pool.
For a list of what we consider an ultra-rare please check out our wiki. -
http://spicyworld.spicyhorse.com/wiki/doku.php?id=unique

Im glad to answer questions, anything else you need please fire away"

Cries of “BS, are you kidding me” arose from the crowd of on lookers. So Lava Larry (yeah, that’s me) went on a quest to find out if in fact they do have the same chance or not.

So a thread was started, screen shots gathered, followed by charts. Maybe more data is needed, but low and behold, there appears to be a pattern that some cards have better/worse chances. Then eagle eye Lava Larry spotted something!

7 of the cards in the pool appear in both slots 2 and 8, and all the other cards appear in only slot 2 or slot 8. Mathematically these cards have double the chances to appear over the others. Add some color to the chart, and yes, those 7 cards appear more often than the others do. Hell, there in a range of their own that’s above the rest and don’t even overlap! Ole Queen Tefnut is lagging behind; don’t know what’s up with that. But bottom line, 7 cards with double the chance makes the other now 22 cards appear less often. What should be each slot with a 1 in 29 chance for any card isn’t.

So we have 7 cards that can show in slot 2 or 8, 12 cards that can show in slot 2 only and 10 cards that can show in slot 8 only. Those 7 cards dilutes the chances for the other 22. Here is the current data/chart:

So I submitted a ticket:

According to Mallard "Yep, once an Ultra-Rare has been added to the pool of available randoms, it has the same appearance rate as every other ultra-rare in the pool. "

We, the players felt this statement was inaccurate, so I set up a thread in the forum and collected screen shots from both shop resets per day (still ongoing). After about 4 daysI noticed certain cards had a higher appearence chance and they all had something in common. The Common thing with all of them is this. There are 2slots in the IM shop where UR cards appear, slot 2 and 8. Of the 25 cards in the pool, these 7 cards (Full Argestes, Queen Vortex, Great Horned Ararch,Master Sigbin, Shuck of Styx, Amonongo and King Rimmon) show up in slot 2 and 8 both. All the other cards either show up in slot 2 or slot 8 only.

This explains why those that play the game think that the chances for cards is not equal (becasue they are not) and the team thinks they are becasue maybe they don't realize that not all cards can show up in both slots. The 7 that can appear to show up twice as much!

Please correct this problem.

Thsnks

FlightTribe (Spicy HorseGames)

Jan 21, 13:17

The part about certain cards only appearing in certain slots is interesting, I'll have to pass that along to the team and ask what's going on.

The chart however is a little misleading, it should really extend all the way up to 100% and then the peaks and troughs between the cards would not look as pronounced and you would see that in a selection of 25 cards, there is only a variance of 6% between the most common and the least common. And that actually, the average for a system of 25 cards is 4% each which then puts the deviation at only 2-4% from 'the norm'.
Easily within the averages you would expect.

Cheers

(I tried the chart change he asked for and it didn't look right, the chart isn't misleading, Excel auto adjust the axis to the range of the data)

FlightTribe (Spicy HorseGames)

Jan 22, 17:19

So the deviation is still 2-4% from the 4% norm you would expect to see when looking at 25 cards?
I think we can probably live with that fluctuation.

Maybe if you wereseeing some cards as 0% and some as 15% that would be showing some crazynonsense going on

To

·        Spicy Horse Games

Yeah, the 2-6% fluctuation is normal.

It's the 7 cards running 6-8% that are outside the norm and that's because they can be both slots while the remaining cards appear in only one.

So those 7 cards have double the chances and therefore double the percentage.

All they need to do is fix that one way or the other.

1. Make it so all cards can appear in both slots.

2. Change those 7 cards to only slot only and balance the slots (25 cards, so 12 in one slot, 13 in theother).

Either one of those would result in a same chance to appear percentage.

Problem resolved.

No response to this….

So, clearly there is not the same chance for all UR’s to appear in the IM shop as Mallard said. Fixing it to make it so doesn’t appear to be anything difficult to do or even time consuming.

So, Tokay, can we please get this fixed?

Attachment: You have to Login to download or view attachment(s). No Account?
Yes, it's me: Lava Larry
Add me: Laserman19

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-1-24 08:25:14 |Show all posts
We should start up another one for the arena shop. I am pretty sure there is the same problem there. They don't all show up in both slots I don't think.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-1-24 08:29:40 |Show all posts
Phate999 replied at 2015-1-24 08:25
We should start up another one for the arena shop. I am pretty sure there is the same problem there. ...

That could be.

Would require enough screen shots, around 100 to see.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-1-24 08:41:40 |Show all posts
Nicely put Laser!I'm down to start posting picks of,arena

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-1-24 10:38:20 |Show all posts
Laser,
In his original response, Flight said:

The part about certain cards only appearing in certain slots is interesting, I'll have to pass that along to the team and ask what's going on.

And I second his observation along with his desire to see this put in front of the team for review/comment.

Thing is, it's the weekend here now (Saturday morning). We'll be back in the office on Monday. At that time I'll have a chat with the guys and get a response from them.

If there's something wrong, we'll fix it.

Thank you, for taking the time to put together the data. Impressive work by the community.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-1-24 11:38:44 |Show all posts
Thanks!

Hope this can be resolved quickly, when you have enough time.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-1-24 11:45:14 |Show all posts
I think SH should be crappin rainbows with a community like us, a community that gives feedback and cares greatly about the success of both Spicy Horse and The Gate. Also, glad to see he will hopefully take this info back to the team for feedback...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-1-25 04:26:06 |Show all posts
Davestevens replied at 2015-1-24 11:45
I think SH should be crappin rainbows with a community like us, a community that gives feedback and  ...

I agree 100%

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-1-25 04:41:04 |Show all posts
Yeah me too!There are a lot of faithful followers here and on FB

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-1-26 10:48:52 |Show all posts
Have discussed this with the team. Appears to be a bug related to UI and data interface.
Team is now aware of it and will be fixing it.

Whether it will be a "quick fix" (available via weekly update) or will appear the in the next major update is not yet known. They need to dig into it a bit more.

Again, thanks for doing the research on this and bringing it to the team's attention.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2020-7-4 01:55 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.018761 second(s), 11 queries .

To Top