SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1319|Reply: 7

Strategy theorycrafting [Copy link]

Post time 2015-4-7 09:40:53 |Show all posts
So I got higher up in the rankings and noticed a few things that were very common in higher ranked teams... Soot Claw was extremely common! Like.. it seemed almost all the top teams had one, a card I never really gave much thought to.
Also noticed a ton of Admi (understandably so) and Berserker (which I imagine was cause people pumped him up... prior to his skill nerf)

More surprised by... what makes Soot appealing? Especially in comparison to someone like Nestorats (both fire) who damages a bit less but.. stuns people!

Was also surprised why I never really saw many healers such as Valac or tanks such as Corroding Maw in the arena. By theorycrafting I would think that a card that increases teams def, or offers regen would be... extremely nice to have in an arena battle!

My own theorycrafting I would say that people are opting for pure dmg over utility / survivability.
But I can't help but think that if a team were to have a tank char like the corroding Maw (All Def) and then a healer such as Salubrious or Valac that they would be able to outlast a pure damage team and take down an enemy who doesn't maintain that utility.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-7 21:52:08 |Show all posts
I use Queen Mariana, but she is terrible, Valac is much better as a healer. Meh too late to change

Corroding Maw in theory is a very good option, but it doesn't look like anyone has tested it out.
Soot Claw is a very good card that is fairly easy to come by as is Berserker.

My top 2 picks are Nebarius and Enki's Archer, they are really strong now. the problem with earth tanks is that Enki's skills can one shot any tank

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-7 21:59:53 |Show all posts
I like dark lord licifriex as a support/healer

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-7 23:51:31 |Show all posts
ive seen dark lord lucifrex a couple of times, I'm not sure if his skill works correctly. when his skill is cast on me, my demons don't take initial fury decrease, they get a debuff. if my demon is full fury i can still use skill, but if i choose not to, the debuff is take away all the fury. i believe this is not working as intended.

I also see alot of mephisto ash, but he doesnt get mentioned much. im thinking of replacing my mariana for mephisto, but im too lazy, lol.
anyone have any thoughts on which flame elemental demon is best?

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-8 00:09:18 |Show all posts
A lot of people are using ash right now because he is easy to get, that is the most important thing for many players.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-8 02:04:47 |Show all posts
I think I saw something about King Soot Claw being nerved in some of the older forum threads. He was OP or something like that.. Maybe I am wrong, I don't really remember. I guess most players on Abaddon invested in him early and decided that it's too much pain in the a** to switch to something else. On Bloodshed I see no top ranking people investing in him.
I have a Nestorats, but he takes a very long time to upgrade (even with 3-4 gold refills per day) since you can only farm him in one location. I haven't seen him in any shops either.
Healers are very nice cards, but not for arena imho. They do help very much in story mode, keeping your team alive, when you can use them at strategically right moment. In arena, most demons get 1-2 shot, so there is basically no point in providing minor healing like that. Only vampire-regen like Naberius kind of makes sense because it's a passive.
Although corroding Maw seems appealing too, in Arena demons hit random opponents, so most likely corroding maw will be the last one standing but with his low damage it would be just a matter of time before he dies too I guess.
Does anyone else think that Enki's archer is ridiculously overpowered? I thought he would get nerfed in the update, so I didn't even invest in him. Now players with 100k less power can easily beat me because of this mistake. *Cries in the corner*

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-8 02:56:50 |Show all posts
Edited by 1426357132JgNobh at 2015-4-8 03:26

yes i agree enki's archer skill is ridiculous, it basically one shots any opponent regardless of their health. and he is also quite tanky, his only downside is that his normal attack is pretty useless.

theres a promo happening on bloodshed where u can farm him so its not too late.
he's skill is very sweet for raid bosses as well if ur lucky enough to get the fury to fire it.
edit: lost track of the topic, for pvp arena, high damage is the way to go.
A card that isn't often mentioned is Amomongo, from what I've seen he's very tanky, does alot of aoe damage with his skill, and once more when he dies, his regular attacks hits pretty hard too.

my current pick for best rainbow team is:
Amom, Naberius, Enki's, and Prince Chax who has a similar skill to Enki's but is very hard to come by, only available from lost island, which has now become ridiculously hard to get past round 8.

Use magic Report

This user has been deleted
Post time 2015-4-13 17:35:36 |Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2020-2-25 07:15 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016578 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top