SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: Maslex

Altar of sacrifice [Copy link]

Post time 2015-4-29 10:41:31 |Show all posts
Guys, new ideas are fine and good. You are welcome to post them around the forum, discuss them, etc.

Thing is, let's not get into a negative loop of "they aren't listening" as a result of the team not taking action on any of these ideas.

Here's the situation:

When I say we are a small team, I mean it. In total, there are 33 people working for Spicy Horse. Here's the list, with a * by the names of the guys who could, if we tasked them, be put to work on a feature like the one listed in this thread...

CEO
ECP
Sound Lead
COO
Monetization and UA
Art Director
Animator Director
Office Manager
IT/Asistant
Office Manager (Receptionist)
Ayi (Cleaning Lady)
Designer *
Designer
Designer
Data Analyst
3D Artist (Lead)
3D Artist
Community Manager
QA Tester *
Community
Community
Tech Artist
Tech Artist
Concept Artist
Animator
Technical Director
Part time Accountant
Network Programmer *
Network Programmer
Network Programmer
Network Programmer
Website Developer
UI Programmer *
UI Programmer
Programmer *

That's it... 5 people out of 33 people who we'd need to implement the feature list here.

Now, here's the challenge... We can only make 1~3 of these mini-groups to work on features, bugs, optimizations, and other tasks. All of our artists, animations, office people (myself included)... useless for this sort of stuff.

The idea you've outlined here is a multi-person, multi-day task, which will ultimately take 5 full work days split between these guys to implement, test, improve, and release. And while they are working on this task, they are really not able to focus fully on other tasks. (Please, please, please do not respond to this thread in an attempt to lecture me on project management, prioritization, and resource tasking. Unless you've been working and developing games in China for the last 8+ years, I can absolutely guarantee you, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're just going to have to trust me on this).

As of this minute, I see 46 open bugs/critical features on The Gate, and 59 open bugs/critical features on Chains of Darkness. Imagine that each of those is going to take 2~3 days, split between the resources we have available (which is being insanely generous), then we're talking about roughly 2.6 man months (5 day work weeks) of bugs and features in the pipeline already. And while those tasks are being finished? New tasks and bugs are being created constantly...

THIS is why it's nearly impossible for us to see a feature/design suggestion here and just jump on it. Doing so completely derails the ongoing work we've got planned for the next 2, 3... months.

Btw, I hope you guys don't read this as a rant (not sure if it sounds ranty or not). Just trying to illustrate what I mean by "small team" - especially when it comes to coding new features/UI.

So, again, you guys make up wish-lists and discuss them till the cows come home. Just please don't get needlessly frustrated when your wishes aren't turned into reality.

Now... I'll add MY wish to the list:

How about we add roughly 30 more people, mainly network, game play, and UI programmers to Spicy Horse's development staff! And let's do it without increasing overhead costs! Hahaha...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-29 11:14:45 |Show all posts
Nah that's not a rant tokay. Thanks for being honest. This is a cool idea, but I would fix the other stuff before devoting the resources to something like this.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-29 11:30:10 |Show all posts
How about we add roughly 30 more people, mainly network, game play, and UI programmers to Spicy Horse's development staff! And let's do it without increasing overhead costs! Hahaha...

Santa's little Helpers!!!   

<Elves without Unions>

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-29 11:36:01 |Show all posts
tokay replied at 2015-4-29 10:41
Guys, new ideas are fine and good. You are welcome to post them around the forum, discuss them, etc. ...

I really appreciate this, it really clarifies and creates some transparency. As the creator of the wishlist, I would much rather see them working on the 46 and 59 open bugs/critical features in The Gate and Chains of Darkness before they even begin about implementing and designing something new, as nice as it may be.

I'm not looking to create another "they aren't listening" thread, but to give the users a place they can express ideas in a way that paints those ideas and suggestions as "it would be nice if...." as opposed to "man, they really should have [this]".

Thanks for the transparency. Also, I can second the sentiment of working with things in China. The little experience I have with that showed me it's a completely different system that we're used to (both in good ways and bad, depending on your perspective), and that certainly can be a big factor.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-29 17:20:47 |Show all posts
Good idea. I´d like to add that the difficulty on IM would decrease if cards got sacrificed.

But I think this should be put "on hold" until we get guilds live, that ought to be first prio

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-29 23:41:03 |Show all posts
tokay replied at 2015-4-29 02:41
Guys, new ideas are fine and good. You are welcome to post them around the forum, discuss them, etc. ...

Good post

I see 0 rant here. It's honest and transparent, and something most if not all of the people in this thread should know roughly already

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-4 15:26:57 |Show all posts
tokay replied at 2015-4-29 10:41

That was a great reply, thank you!

If despite all of that you manage to squeeze in some 2-3 wishes from the community, it would be great.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-4 15:49:16 |Show all posts
Edited by voeuxpieux at 2015-5-4 08:50

Lovely answer yes :-) hope you thanks a lot Ayi for taking good care of you all a clean desk is a clean head we said in France lol.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-8 12:19:52 |Show all posts
I like the idea. Reminds me of an android card game i have on phone.

In that game, there is a sacrificial altar, where i can sacrifice cards.
Each card rarity counts as a different value. Of course UR counts as more experience for the altar.
The altar reaches a point to level up. Keep feeding the altar becomes harder (requires more exp to level up). I can stop whenever i want and get my reward. More levels means better rewards.

On that game it rewards me with higher rarity cards, depending on the level achieved. I can see a feature like that on The Gate, but for DB instead.
Three altar levels, three tiers of DB. A fixed amount of a random DB as reward. I like it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-12-10 08:50 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.019402 second(s), 11 queries .

To Top