SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 877|Reply: 5

Using the Forum on Android [Copy link]

Post time 2015-5-8 20:31:35 |Show all posts
Edited by Aethelred42 at 2015-5-21 15:11

I think this is not a secret that people nowadays use phone and tabs to access sites. Unfortunately Flash technology is not supported well by most of mobile browsers making it impossible to upload avatar picture and any attachment on site.

It will be really great to adjust outdated forms and make all mobile users happy with forum site.

Since this is not related to game I am posting there

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-11 11:44:02 |Show all posts
We are also not happy with this forum software, but for now it's all we've got.

Just have to accept it.

Maybe someday when we're stable and successful we'll have resources to throw at improving this.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-11 12:53:18 |Show all posts
Edited by Aethelred42 at 2015-5-10 22:03

I'm going to make some general comments and mention a possible fix as well.

I use two different browsers on my Note 4 to get a decent mobile forum experience here.

In general, Dolphin seems to work best because you can tweak the font size precisely. At 140%, I don't get fly-away text entry pop-ups, etc. The forum software really doesn't like mobile browsers zooming in and out with a text entry pop-up open - it gets very confused about where the middle is. Do NOT install their "Jetpack" plug-in.

Flash support for Dolphin is very iffy. Some devices work with some content. It doesn't like my Note 4 at all.

But then there's Puffin, a cloud-processed, Flash-compatible browser that...really is! It has some geo-restrictions, but it works well for me and uploads files just fine. I do have other, sometimes transient issues with it and generally prefer Dolphin.

You can get by, sort of, with the more common browsers - built in, Chrome, Firefox.... But for this forum, enjoy tweaking Dolphin for the best experience, and Puffin for uploads - and it's not bad in general. Moving in and out of "Desktop Mode" is sometimes necessary.

I'm going to post an edited version of this in the platform technical support thread.

-Written in Dolphin on my Note 4

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-11 15:55:55 |Show all posts
Tyvm for suggestion Clay. Will try that Puffin

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-14 16:04:36 |Show all posts
Edited by Maslex at 2015-5-14 11:24

That birdy browser worked. Hoooray    
Attachment: You have to Login to download or view attachment(s). No Account?

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-7-31 14:16:21 |Show all posts
Turns out, for lack of weird zooming, and anything not Flash related, CM browser, of all things, gives a good forum experience - it doesn't try too hard, mostly.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-19 16:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016298 second(s), 11 queries .

To Top