SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: vir0m

Balance Issues with Guild PvE Bosses [Copy link]

Post time 2015-6-29 13:56:25 |Show all posts
tumbleweed probably

they need o rethink the whole concept from a bigger game perspective instead of micromanage individual components

I mean- 1 shard for auction  x% of the time for a whole guild ....  2/3 year upgrade path for a card?

same for lvl 9/10 augment- needing 80 or 100 of  a guild pve or pvp item with the same mechanics as the shards (1 drop from a raidmob x% of the time)  competing with 20-30 people in auction ...

u can do the maths, whichever way u do it it comes out  as too much effort and time  for the reward gained-  i bet a lot of the current crop of players wont be playing in 2-3 years time

I understand  not wanting to make things easy  but at least keep the scaling of time and effort invested - even on an increased lvl of difficulty per lvl  more or less in line with  the first  levels-  lvl 9 can be 3x as hard as lvl 8 to finish but 100x seems excessive  (or more than 100, who knows)

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-29 14:19:13 |Show all posts
Aethelred42 replied at 2015-6-27 17:10
We've got two choices in our response here, we can either rage, or we can clearly state the reality  ...

Having a tantrum and/or being disrespectful while posting defeats the purpose.. It is not uncommon for those posts to go unread by staff, the very people who need the feedback.. (in general, not SH specifically)

It seems SH is working on the issue...just needs more tweaking.. The last guild PVE update did lower boss difficulty, however, even the first few bosses are near impossible to kill by non-hardcore/casual guilds. The guild I am a part of has many high level players with full UR +5 or better teams, but we also have low level players whom are unable to assist due to the current boss difficulty. With the current system we would be forced to kick/replace our lower level players to succeed. Finishing the bosses in a some-what reasonable time would not be possible..nor the time & effort vs reward..

In my opinion guild content should not be exclusive to hardcore players..especially the first few raids. Difficulty could increase with progression, each boss unlocked is harder than the last. In the end only hardcore guilds-players will be able to complete them, earning their exclusivity/bragging rights..
Or a fixed timer system... Once the timer expires rewards would be given/auctioned based on a scale of the total damage..higher the total greater the rewards. (similar to event points) All guilds could compete with this system, casual to hardcore..

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-29 19:42:09 |Show all posts
Edited by diudiuz at 2015-6-29 19:44

They indeed are tweaking this as we speak. Yesterday I gained the possibility to spend Rebirth scrolls after getting killed by the gPvE boss.. And I could use them several times per fight.. Not an improvement imho...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-29 20:04:26 |Show all posts
In my opinion whats baffles me is that GUILD has been in the works for many months and the result so far is that many players are not impressed... On top of that they keep making silly mistakes and updates that is not needed... I hope they can fix these issues cause us players are dying to enjoy GUILD as a whole...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-29 22:37:38 |Show all posts
CORREXTOR replied at 2015-6-29 19:04
In my opinion whats baffles me is that GUILD has been in the works for many months and the result so ...

This baffles you???

At this point i will cease to comment and snigger..muttering " superman with a gun" comments!

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-29 22:42:41 |Show all posts
More than 10 players fight a boss and they hardly kill it, then they expect one shard dropped. If one of them is lucky he can get the shard at auction and maybe he can win it. Chances are very low, this really sucks. No fun

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-29 22:44:42 |Show all posts
I have Lady Thoria waiting for months to be augmented, and now her shards are available but rally hard to get. This makes me thinking not using her in a team, better empowering some other cards.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-30 03:28:56 |Show all posts
Ok I agree with fixer timer system.
My 2nd account is in a casual guild, until last week we managed to kill 1 barbas and 1 golru every two days. Still reasonable. Not so much about the amount of item saw in auction... like 2 items every 2 days... and not to mention vortex with absurd neg dmg.
Now is ridiculous, we are still fighting the same boss of Thursday...
Also now you have certainty that whole guild members will see the auction, since you need a long holiday to not engage once these steroids bosses, so the amount of players that actually can bid is just the whole guild...

@diudiuz you should be happy! Spicy implemented the instant finish button for guild pve XD

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-30 21:48:49 |Show all posts
In my opinion, the increased damage was needed. However, i was expecting a flat damage increase, and not incremental with time. On some bosses this incrementing damage it's way faster than others. Maybe it's a good idea to change back to a fixed value or tweak the incremental speed a little bit.

What i suggest devs to do is this:

1. Have a meeting and decide how many times a boss can be attacked before dying.
2. Get a fully evolved, augmented+10, top tier team, with max gear and fight a boss.
3. Tweak the damage and health of the boss to make it easy (but not too much), in a way to confirm what you guys have decided in point 1.
4. Repeat the process for every boss, because each one of them is unique.

This way you scale the boss to the max possible card upgrades, and players have some effort while getting there, but everything it's doable in the meanwhile, as long the guild members cooperate with each other in order to kill them.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-30 22:31:41 |Show all posts
I don't see why the bosses should be balanced based on a non-existent power level team (Ie Aug 10)....especially since it will remain non-existent for quite  sometime possibly even till well intol 2016, given the rate of auctions drops and inter-alliance competition for them.

Its easy to tweak power levels of bosses when that particular power level of player arrives....power levels of bosses should be based on the Max power level of player currently and correlated with the mean power level of player currently...to come up with something reasonable.   ....MAX power level of player given its a minority...SHOULD be able to solo some bosses when using both their attacks.....why should they not??  a further 20% boost from Aug 9 and 10 should not make a huge difference, the world boss is not designed to obliterate top level teams in less than 2 mins, and its not immune to pretty much any medium or below level team.......why are the Alliance bosses?  ESPECIALLY given the lack of returns given on the effort needed.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2020-7-10 22:15 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.015899 second(s), 8 queries .

To Top