SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: FlightTribe

Important and sad news :(  Close [Copy link]

Post time 2015-11-4 06:35:39 |Show all posts
Looking at the other games' sections in these forums, it seems that "The Data Guy" was only engaged with The Gate as there are no doomsday news or even slight delays in updates announced for any of those. Do I smell something rotten here? The timing of this announcement reeks of dishonesty. I'm not blaming you FlightTribe, as I feel you've been straightforward with us and you can always blame your managers or "The Data Guy"..

I don't know if there is any f***king work ethics with you Chinese people, but if I'd be leaving a company, I wouldn't leave them in such desperate situation! Ffs!

I had high hopes that after the final content was released and spent you'd have SOME resources allocated for fixing the biggest bugs and shortcomings to make TG last for a quite a bit. I personally wanted the release of new Disciples to Arena and IM shops so I could finish all these 4/8 and 6/8 cards I've stockpiled. That'd kept me entertained for months. If you're REALLY not gonna fix even the WB HP issue, then I'm gonna just uninstall the app and get on with it. I guess we should start a thread here discussing what other games your devoted fans like and find substitutes there. Bah, why do I even bother...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-11-4 07:03:01 |Show all posts
WB aside, the one thing we absolutely need is to have event island available for mats. Without those we might as well pack up cause we won't be able to augment without being able to farm there.

I second Vecinuldedeasupra. If Spicy is unwilling/unable to fix things perhaps they'd be open to contracting some members of the fan base to fixing things. At least set the shops up to include the newer items/discs, WB, and getting event island up and going.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-11-4 08:21:45 |Show all posts
Good evening, San Diego. I'm Veronica Corningstone.
Tits McGee is on vacation.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-11-4 09:51:12 |Show all posts
Dermott Fictel replied at 2015-11-3 17:21
Good evening, San Diego. I'm Veronica Corningstone.
Tits McGee is on vacation.

That is so hilarious and funny... I'm going with this is definitely 'April's Fool' in NOVEMBER until the 5th... Let see what happens then!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-11-4 11:08:38 |Show all posts
It certainly sucks to be the 'face of the company' on the forums when all we can do is pass along what we're told and also become the target when other people 'mess up' to put it kindly.

I'm sure you all have your opinions about stuff, regardless of what we say or do, but all we do is pass along and tell the truth at the moment of writing.

I can tell you that for 3 months I have been badgering the team to make sure there is a final patch, and at each stage I have been told to not worry and it's all fine. Then one day, bam, the guy who knows everything about the game and how all the dozens and dozens of xls all fit and work together just ups and goes.

Doesn't mean that everything we told you in the past was a lie, it was entirely true up until that one moment.

As mentioned in the original post, I'll have a look and see if I can decode all the xls that we're used, but no promises for any quick fix.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-11-4 11:17:12 |Show all posts
FlightTribe replied at 2015-11-4 10:08
It certainly sucks to be the 'face of the company' on the forums when all we can do is pass along wh ...

Will there be an open Augment island after Thursday?

Will the WB be fixed?

Simply put, there HAS to be someone else in the team that can do these two very simple things.......

otherwise the other games would not be working.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-11-4 11:51:47 |Show all posts
FlightTribe replied at 2015-11-3 22:08
It certainly sucks to be the 'face of the company' on the forums when all we can do is pass along wh ...

I understand your position FT...and I want to mention that my frustration is not directed at you personally..

I highly...highly doubt SH is going to release any of the game's files to players... Since they would to have to pay someone to re-check the work for bugs/exploits..
BUT
If you are willing and able to attempt some of the fixes personally....I'm sure there are trustworthy members of this community that would be able to help with sections the code..or just advise.. /shrug

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-11-4 11:51:58 |Show all posts
You keep assuming this is simple.
That there is an xls sheet called WORLD BOSS DATA, then you look in that sheet and there a colum called WORLD BOSS HP.

There isn't   

It's more like there's an xls sheet called something abbiguous like 'stats' then in that sheet all the colums are labeled ID110 ID111 ID112 etc etc.... then in those IDs it references a boss ID that you can find in a different xls sheet, then you go to that other sheet and there's a formula for determining HP based on a bunch of other crap that's referenced in 4 other xls.

So really, stop thinking this is a simple task. Rip the band aid off.  Accept the pain of the situation  

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-11-4 12:00:21 |Show all posts
Edited by Dermott Fictel at 2015-11-4 12:04

I have an Excel 97 manual--I would start with the ID10T cell.
That one could be the key to the whole operation.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-11-4 16:24:57 |Show all posts
Dermott Fictel replied at 2015-11-4 12:00
I have an Excel 97 manual--I would start with the ID10T cell.
That one could be the key to the whole ...

Lol, every time this guy opens up his mouth it's like vomiting rainbows XD

But indeed people, stop assuming naively that opening up the source code repository or handing over various pieces and bits from it would be even remotely plausible. Software development hasn't ever worked like that.

But having no "Backup Data Guy", knowledge management, comprehensive code documentation or even code comments is something SH should learn a lesson - for future endeavors.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-12-11 16:49 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016185 second(s), 8 queries .

To Top