SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1505|Reply: 11

Moving Servers apparently. [Copy link]

Post time 2016-9-26 20:18:08 |Show all posts
The Downtime we are experiencing is due to the movement of servers.  According to Tokay (American McGee) Twitter.

Others found this out (I'm just moving the info on)

IGN: Feastonfools

Use magic Report

Post time 2016-9-26 21:55:05 |Show all posts
Ok, thanks for the info Webby!

Use magic Report

Post time 2016-9-27 19:37:36 |Show all posts
What kind of monkey outfit IT company moves servers without notifying their customers of potential outages, nor uses industry standard procedures for avoiding such ridiculous outages. Sounds like bs to me... unless they really are monkeys!

Use magic Report

Post time 2016-9-28 03:56:38 |Show all posts
Well, to be fair, SpicyHorse was very clear they were not going to develop or support these games anymore but said they would leave the servers running for us diehard fans. I'm sure they are still paying a monthly charge for the server space as well as the bandwidth costs out of their own pocket. I'd bet this server migration was to move the games to a cheaper hosting spot.

Use magic Report

Post time 2016-9-29 19:03:29 |Show all posts
I think somebody has been broken the promises... Anyone is able to access the game right now? I'm away about 5 days or so with no chances. They must remember, at least this, that lasts more than A YEAR to the deadline of the server. I hope they do not end worse than they already did till now. Crazy game on very bad hands...

Use magic Report

Post time 2016-9-30 04:32:50 |Show all posts
As far as I know no one can get in yet. The way this is dragging on makes me think the game is gone for good.

Use magic Report

Post time 2016-9-30 23:00:44 |Show all posts
PyongYunks replied at 2016-9-30 03:32
As far as I know no one can get in yet. The way this is dragging on makes me think the game is gone  ...

Yeah I begin to agree.....

Getting the feeling the usual lies have been told.....but at the end of day we can always blame it on the data guy! (I always got the feeling the bs and promises was about certain folk trying to believe they were better folk than they actually knew they were!)

Pretty slack style/ethics/morals wotever.... but then again we knew what we were getting with these guys.

Use magic Report

Post time 2016-10-1 06:47:11 |Show all posts
Haha, yeah I remember the data guy saga! It would be interesting to talk to someone who knew the whole behind-the-scenes story. I don't know a thing about running a video game company, but I find it astonishing they couldn't find a way to make a game with such a loya fan base profitable.

Use magic Report

Post time 2016-10-1 16:02:30 |Show all posts
Maybe great firewall block threat to China...

Use magic Report

Post time 2016-10-1 16:08:31 |Show all posts
Pity theye didn't get bought out by a game developer that had a clue.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-8-24 14:46 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.018356 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top