SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1448|Reply: 15

Support for linux? [Copy link]

Post time 2013-2-18 19:13:04 |Show all posts
Steam GreenKight list the game platforms for Windows, MAC, and Linux.
But I see no options for playing this game with Linux.
Is there going to be a Linux Version or the GreenLight page for the game incorrect?

Use magic Report

Level 6

Rebekah Mikaelson ♥ ♥ ♥

Post time 2013-2-18 19:30:28 |Show all posts
According to this post
They're GOING TO ADD Linux Client  , but as you can see on the game web-site , there're only 2 versions of clients available for now ...Mac OS and Windows...
You can play web browser version at least

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-18 20:27:49 |Show all posts
Linux version is going to take some more time to develop

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-18 22:01:19 |Show all posts
I'm also waiting for the Linux Beta that was promised in the Kickstarter for the Backers. It's sad to see  that there are no News or Information on the Linux Client even 2 Weeks after the Kickstarter ended. That shows how much Spicy Horse cares about the Linux Users and Linux Backers.

@tobasko The Unity Web Player doesn't work under Linux

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-18 22:02:19 |Show all posts
They have to complete rewrite UI and move to Unity3D 4.0 to develop Linux version and it will take minimum of 2 months, probably 3-4. The current Unity version doesn't support Linux, and the new version of Unity doesn't support current UI system.

One of users managed to run client trough wine, and I worked well. You can try it too in meantime http://spicyworld.spicyhorse.com/social/thread-855-1-4.html

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-18 22:10:15 |Show all posts
@Origami I already know all of that. And yes, Akaneiro works under Wine but why should I bother running it on Wine when there is supposed to be a Linux Beta in March? And Wine really isn't an alternative to a native Client.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-18 22:30:11 |Show all posts
I wasn't refering to you, I was anwsering the TroyFoxxin question, you posted only a one minute before me.

And if you're reading all news you probably should know, that the development team is Shanghai and whole country have a week off because of chinese new year and the came back to work just today. They mentioned that clearly so no need to be unkind.

Planning for the next phase of development - including feature development for co-op and porting to Linux/tablets - is ongoing, but we won't be able to commit to hard delivery dates until after Chinese New Year

@ http://www.kickstarter.com/proje ... unters/posts/399224

Remember that they also doesn't received money from kickstarter on the 3rd of february immediately, it takes some time. Development process probably will start in few days. And I don't know why you think that "around 2 months minimum" = Linux Beta in March. I would say rather middle of April. And that's why you should consider using wine for now, it's not so easy to be done in a few days.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-18 22:40:54 |Show all posts
@Origami I didn't see where I was "unkind" during my Post. I just stated that Wine is not an alternative and that some Linux Users even refuse to use it (I'm not one of them btw). btw, The Kickstarter Page stated that it's going to happen in March.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-18 22:47:49 |Show all posts
Saying that they don't care about users at all because there were no news for a week even if they have a holidays was unkind.

And yes, you're right. Kickstarter page in Stretch Goals section indeed states that estimated delivery is planned for March, sorry about that.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-18 22:59:06 |Show all posts
@Origami I'm sorry if it came of as being unkind. Just saw too many Projects where the Linux Users got nothing but Promises at the End.

Just one thing I want to mention. They also had one Week without any Holidays. And it's not like there were no News for one Week. There were no News at all.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-8-21 09:06 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016114 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top