Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1655|Reply: 12

Please, Oh Please, Oh Please... about Steady Shot [Copy link]

Post time 2013-3-9 09:04:18 |Show all posts
Edited by Hardhorse at 2013-3-9 18:38

Hey!
I can't now remember who mentioned it, but I seem to recall someone with authority saying that a known issue with balance is that Steady Shot is underpowered.  I took this to mean that someday Steady Shot would be getting a shot in the arm.
Is this true? or should I try to start letting go of my fantasy of being able to play in an assassin or sniper type style.....

(see how I capitalized Steady Shot? see see???)

I'soo Handsome

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-9 09:32:38 |Show all posts
I'm with you on that one, if they don't change it, they need to add ranged weapons.

Use magic Report

Level 7

I am the corruptor of hearts.

Post time 2013-3-9 09:43:50 |Show all posts
I never even bothered using it because it's so underpowered.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-9 09:49:38 |Show all posts
It's really only good to pull apart large groups right now....

Use magic Report

Level 7

forgotten

Post time 2013-3-9 16:08:06 |Show all posts
steady shot? I think stinging shot beter - fear on enemy... (but don't work on enemy with poison resist)
steady long activated and  add slow to enemy.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-10 02:28:48 |Show all posts
i think it's designed just for the time when you are a baby red hunter........

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-10 08:50:18 |Show all posts
First time playing Aka I chose Cunning, which ended up being a huge mistake due to Steady Shot. Here are my suggestions to improve it.

- Piercing arrows; have the shots go through multiple enemies with diminishing damage per hit. Better for crowd control.
- 1-2 second fear; only in upgraded versions, combined with above effect is amazing crowd control, consider increasing cool down if this is added.
- AoE explosive arrows; similar to first suggestion, but implemented differently.

The main problem I see with the move is just that it hits for too little on just 1 target. This needs fixing.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-10 09:20:14 |Show all posts
Edited by Hardhorse at 2013-3-9 17:21
Riksh replied at 2013-3-9 00:08
steady shot? I think stinging shot beter - fear on enemy... (but don't work on enemy with poison res ...

Stinging shot? I'd say that's pretty underpowered too, as it seems that all bosses are immune.
So that leaves snot for someone trying to play a ranged character. Perhaps the two should just be combined.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-10 09:28:42 |Show all posts
Dr.Mosby replied at 2013-3-9 10:28
i think it's designed just for the time when you are a baby red hunter........

I agree. I think that's what I liked about the game most at first - That I could shoot one mob without agro-ing a whole nest of mess.  It was slow going but I could pick the off one at a time and/or fight mano y mano with any pull or any one left.  I loved the fact that there was so many different ways to play. But as level went up Steady Shot just didn't seem to level with me... didn't seem to pack the punch & was all but useless against the bosses.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-3-10 09:31:28 |Show all posts
Edited by Hardhorse at 2013-3-9 19:43
Garland replied at 2013-3-9 16:50
First time playing Aka I chose Cunning, which ended up being a huge mistake due to Steady Shot. Here ...

I like these ideas! They sound like they could be different powers then Steady Shot.

I think SS needs some old fashioned damage increase.

Maybe an instant kill on most MOBs& something like a instant kill % for Boss.  

But to your main point- "The main problem I see with the move is just that it hits for too little on just 1 target. This needs fixing." - I couldn't agree more!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-8-23 21:12 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016823 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top