SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: FlightTribe

Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Complete FAQ [Copy link]

Post time 2012-11-3 06:22:52 |Show all posts
Can I upload a video of this game that I made myself on Youtube ?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-3 10:51:47 |Show all posts
There is no NDA, no reason for you not to be able to.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-6 05:32:57 |Show all posts
Question for Spicy Horse, what about monetization of our streams / youtube vids for Akaneiro? Do we have permission  to use your game footage / sound to use adverts in our vids / streams?

As some of us make a living creating content. Just a question as I'm sure some people would want to know.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-6 10:29:13 |Show all posts
Edited by ProtoZealott at 2012-11-6 10:32

Curious, on those global challenges could/would you show the top contributors. You mentioned having a leader board for karmic scores, would be neat to see the all around best hunters as a bit of friendly competition/ personnel goal with the the major challenges as well (And perhaps showing the clan/guild that's contributed the most totaled up if you add such a system)! Also I'm quite intrigued by how those marks will come into play, and if you do really go into the PvP, you can either have preset stats (perhaps for a ranked mode), and another with the player's stats, that way you don't have to balance the game around it. A lot of games balance around the PvP, when the core game is about PvE, which can ultimately be detrimental to main game, and even offset the time in development that could be better served elsewhere.

Anyways, love the game, love the throne of darkness vibes, and the overall art style is remarkably well done considering you're keeping it mobile compatible.  

Edit: Oh forgot one las thing, now you're saying your not locked into any role, and anyone can learn anything, but is there any penalty for starting out cunning but going full heavy armor mastery with two handers other then it being more expensive to learn? (and vice versa of course)

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-15 10:51:33 |Show all posts
I noticed that the mission has a badge cost, and you gain badges in real time... is this gonna be a "freemium" game where you are basically only able to play for a limited time each day unless you buy badges?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-17 15:10:05 |Show all posts
i know this is a ridiculous question but when the game is finished will it be F2P?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-17 21:59:50 |Show all posts
Same with gamino44, I've been a little confused reading the details on the Donate to the Devs page... do we need to pay for the full version of Akaneiro?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-18 02:14:04 |Show all posts
Edited by imaginaari at 2012-11-17 19:30

The main site of spicyworld says
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters is a unique free to play Action-RPG adventure presented within a vivid and expressive hand-painted world.

kotatku press info says
Headed to PC, the web, and tablets, the game is free-to-play—but Spicy Horse promises it won't be "naggy" or "spammy"

Steam FAQ says
It will be free to play, with micro-transactions for customization/convenience items and DLC-style expansions.

and
We've no plans to sell weapons for cash.

sounds good for me.

and now the donate page
Besides the warm, fuzzy feeling you'll get from supporting an independent developer, donating will give you a chance to get earlier access to the final game, and donator-exclusive game items.

but also
We'll be announcing pre-order pricing in around 2 weeks. The donations we receive between will help us determine what the price will be.

If your donation now matches/exceeds our final price, you'll have automatic access to our first release with no further payment.

You're going to do a closed "early access" period for final release that will be available only to people who paid for it? Can you explain us the pre-order idea? What is supposed function of Badge system and is the bagde system connected with micro-transactions? Are the blue coin with "S" next to the shards icon of "premium currency" for micro-transactions? What exactly will be "free" in final release? I'd also like to know what functions will require further payment when the game will be released. New DLC content for sure, but what kind of convenience items can we expect?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-23 18:15:17 |Show all posts
I think that I figured that by myself but I still would like to hear confirmation from someone more competent than me. I guess that they meant "free-to-play" as "no subscription". So we probably have to buy base game, as the donation page suggest. This game is online only, all our date are saved on the servers, so it's probably going to be exactly like in Diablo 3.

I don't really care about it, as the game is worth any money for me, but I think thet there are many that would like to know what exactly is going to happen after the beta, and for what kind of things we'll have to pay in future.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-24 04:04:33 |Show all posts
It will be free to play, with micro-transactions for customization/convenience items and DLC-style expansions.

I hope they will be not so expensive

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-12 05:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016209 second(s), 9 queries .

To Top