Search
View: 2053|Reply: 10

Steam Version [Copy link]

Post time 2013-4-5 20:38:27 |Show all posts
Any news about the steam version?

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-4-8 11:44:36 |Show all posts
Its coming    

It REALLY is.... no 100% solid date as of yet, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't within a month.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-4-9 03:22:28 |Show all posts
Nice! Looking forward it!

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-4-14 20:55:42 |Show all posts
Same, definitely looking forward for a steam version but have a question.  If we download and start playing the game right now and even use our code from KS. Will I be able to transfer this to the steam version of the game?  Or would the steam version allow me to log into my account as normal with no loss of character and items?  I need this answered before I start to play.  Would hate to use my KS code then lose it when the game comes out on steam.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-4-14 22:24:30 |Show all posts
DL, it would still require you to Log onto to the servers as it does now, it would merely have the launcher and updates load through Steam.  Same as any online game, your data is saved on their servers post-log in.

Same concept of logging into your account from a friends computer, stuff is still there. Where/how you log on never matters.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-4-14 22:39:33 |Show all posts
Most likely - no. Kongegate didn't allowed Spicyhorse to have access to their users data and probably Valve will go the same way. Right now Kongregate players use the same gameservers as we are, but different login servers. Transfer is not possible. Valve may do something different than Kong but it's very, very unlikely, sorry.

Moreover, if you're considering use of tablet version or browser one you should probably go with Spicyhorse, as the Android/iOS version almost for sure will be compatibile only with Spicyworld logins. Again - because they just can't have access to other company data.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-4-14 23:53:58 |Show all posts
@Origami, This is why I haven't played the game yet.  I just want it to be all on steam to save me the headache.  Also, it would be in my list of games and less for me to keep track of.  I tend to like a centralized hub with all my game in that list.  I really want to play this game but would hate to start over.  Hence the reason why I asked the question.  I'll give it a bit more time before I breakdown and just say screw it lol.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-4-15 00:02:30 |Show all posts
So if you don't want to play on tablet than you really should wait for steam release as I'm almost certain that they will keep all your stuff separate. I hope it will happen soon so you'll be able to play :]

Use magic Report

Level 7

Post time 2013-4-16 18:35:36 |Show all posts
Origami replied at 2013-4-15 00:02
So if you don't want to play on tablet than you really should wait for steam release as I'm almost c ...

I agree! Steam would bring more players too!

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-4-20 09:09:59 |Show all posts
Edited by Phoenix-Shi at 2013-4-19 20:13

With another game, Spiral Knights, if you had an account for the game itself you could opt to connect it to your Steam account at which point you could then only play that account through Steam as it was a one way deal, no going back once you did that. Something like that could be good.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-8-23 21:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016378 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top