Register
Search
View: 3151|Reply: 15

Open Letter to the Community - Purchased Equips  Close [Copy link]

Level 6

In front of a keyboard, somewh

Post time 2012-10-27 05:16:04 |Show all posts
Hi folks,

It's been a wild ride this past week, has it not? The hacker on Monday and Tuesday, the failed patch on Tuesday, the patch fix on Wednesday, the uproar over the Level 4 items... it's enough to give a Community Manager a permanent headache! (Did I mention how frustrating this week has been?) Now we're left with the Level 2 equip system and it's not having the effect intended, nor does it seem to be making the players happy. So, I'd like to have a frank discussion with you.

We took out the rental system for several reasons: Kong didn't feel it gave anyone "new" items to look forward to; players felt it was useless (NO one used it); and players often asked for the ability to buy rather than rent. OK, we listen to our players and we weren't earning any revenue off the rentals so...

We put in the Level 4/Level 2 system and it was a complete failure. But, I'm not wholly convinced that leaving the Level 2 system in place as-is is the answer.

For one thing, Briar and Ice-tear are no longer rare, and this is sad. It used to be a point of pride for someone who'd gathered a set! Another problem is with the drop in prices, things are now affordable to more people and they're levelling the Level 2s up like crazy. There's nothing wrong with this, but it's causing a lot of power creep. We're developing a division between the players with money and those without that I just don't find fair or sustainable. Because of this, I'd like to propose some options to the system and see which strikes you as a solution.

1. We leave Level 2s in the game but make them random. The prices would still be as high as they are now.
2. We remove Level 2s and replace them with a Level 1 perfect system.
3. We leave only Level 2 weapons in the game and they remain perfect.
4. We remove all Level 2s and replace them with only Level 1 random weapons that are pretty inexpensive. <-- this is the solution I favor.
Under NONE of these solutions will Level 2 items be removed from accounts. That is not an option.

But before I make a recommendation to the team I want your feedback.

Understand, this is not a thread for complaining about Level 4s - those posts will be deleted. And it is because I understand the concern with the Level 2s that I am asking for your feedback, so too much complaining and not enough feedback will result in a deleted post as well. However, please, think this over and give me your thoughts.

What do you think is the right solution?

Ophelea
Community Manager
Spicy Horse Games

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-10-27 05:46:32 |Show all posts
i think should change them to perfect level 1 items/weapons and can be bought with gold or silver. Give everyone the chance to have a good start yeh? :-D

Use magic Report

Level 6

Post time 2012-10-27 05:47:51 |Show all posts
Gem replied at 2012-10-26 13:46
i think should change them to perfect level 1 items/weapons and can be bought with gold or silver. G ...

And leave in equips and weapons? Or just weapons?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-10-27 05:48:49 |Show all posts
Edited by Gem at 2012-10-27 06:00

i also think the higher you level up something the higher the upgrade stats should be. someone spending a ton of gems to go from level 6-7 shouldn't have to settle with +3 attck upgrade. that's just painful. *edit* that also ensures that people with lower level items won't have something that might be much more powerful than someone with higher level item that they spent a lot of time ugrading but had a bad luck of 1 or 2 meh upgrades.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-10-27 05:51:30 |Show all posts
Ophelea replied at 2012-10-27 05:47
And leave in equips and weapons? Or just weapons?

leave in equips and weapons!

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-10-27 05:51:38 |Show all posts
My suggestion would be to allow people to buy perfect level 1's, and keep level 2 perfect weapons. I am a player that bought 2 of the perfect "fixed" briars by selling a nice level 5 hexed weapon. This seems like a good solution as I agree, they do mess up the economy.

Use magic Report

Level 6

Post time 2012-10-27 05:56:17 |Show all posts
iamiuru2 replied at 2012-10-26 13:51
My suggestion would be to allow people to buy perfect level 1's, and keep level 2 perfect weapons. I ...

Why perfect level 1s? Won't that make drops less valuable? Then how would you sell anything to earn gold?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-10-27 06:02:58 |Show all posts
Ophelea replied at 2012-10-27 05:56
Why perfect level 1s? Won't that make drops less valuable? Then how would you sell anything to ear ...

drops will still be valuable cuz not everyone have the money to buy from the store. i assume auctions will always be cheaper

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-10-27 06:04:06 |Show all posts
Hmmmm.....
I like it to see you finally REALLY thinking about this game.
I agree with you almost 100%. It will be difficult to find a balance between so called ˝buyers˝, ˝freeloaders˝ and ˝owners/developers˝ who usually want more money every week!
Every game needs all 3 parties. Buyers put money into a game, freeloaders give the game popularity/more players/higher ratings and developers keep the game running and improving. Without 1 of these 3, it´s over!!!!
I agree with you about the mistake about the new shop items, but I understand why it happened. I hope the bosses have learned their lesson and they will be gentler with their money appetite.
What do you mean with random? I guess you mean that you buy the packet and you can get the items with different stats. Maybe perfect, but can be also mediocre. Is that it? That would be nice, but I am sure the sales will drop dramatically after a few buys. Let´s give an example. I have bought at least 15 mystery boxes for 10000 silver each. I NEVER got anything good inside. No gems, no good items, maybe a good card. But the value of the box was NEVER more than 1500 silver. Will I buy the box again? I don´t think so!!!
If the sales drop too much, the owners will go bananas. So my suggestions are:
- leave it as it is now, the buyers get a better position? YES, but that is the point of paying money. You must take care that the difference is not to high. With the lvl 4 items it was WAY too high.
- find ALL of the sold lvl 4 items and take them back. There are still quite a few of them in the game.
- next time ask before you guys mess up like you did here.

I must give you also praise:
In most of the other games, no1 asks anything. They just make changes like in a dictatorship. You at least try to make us players more involved. Keep that up.

Dadolino

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-10-27 06:10:45 |Show all posts
i have a level 4 necro set that i bought but if you take it back i'm screwed. cuz i've already pawned all my old stuff so in other words you guys would be punishing me for your mistake. that will not make it fair neither.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2021-10-19 21:13 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.019395 second(s), 12 queries .

To Top