SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: Tzuby

New update question [Copy link]

Post time 2013-5-23 06:18:31 |Show all posts
Edited by mido_raizen11 at 2013-5-22 19:47

Resurrecion with Karma is gone, and 4 of my 6 purples now became blues, including the Scythes.
Don't know what the devs are trying to do...Big letdown for me.
I usually farmed Areas 5 and 6. Now I play each stage once and can't do anythign else.
Before all this, at least we were able to repeat  stages as much as we wanted, waiting long weeks for an update. Now I barely play anymore.
Before all this I used to play 5-6 hours a day, now I play like 30 min every 2-3 days maybe.
I believe all this cooldown system is plain ridiculous. They need to find another way to balance the game. Waiting hours to repeat a stage, wtf.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-23 07:04:15 |Show all posts
Well, like they said before, much of the reason for the cooldown system has to do with the crafting system they're going to implement. Would it probably have been better to wait, and implement the cooldown system at the same time as the crafting system? Probably, but at the same time, each new update needs to be bug-tested, so from a dev point of view it's much better to implement things piecemeal than implement a whole boatload of new stuff all at once.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-23 07:24:41 |Show all posts
Edited by mido_raizen11 at 2013-5-22 20:29

Yea I agree with you in that. but that cooldown system isn't the solution for me. With 6 Areas to play, 3 of them for low level players and no rela use later in the game, and this whole Cooldown thing, they're restraining us from playing more.

Also I want to mention, I have a purple ring with 2 Lvl II abilities and Jade that I bought from Gato, it didn't changed, keeps being purple. Then I had a purple  Katana with 2 lvl III abilities and Garnet. And now they changed it to blue.

You could say "well, maybe now items need to have 2 lvl II abilities and a jade or obsidian to be purples.
Well, I have 2 Sickles that have 1 lvl II and 1 lvl III ability and a jade, the ones form Goto, and now they turned blue too. BS

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-23 15:52:25 |Show all posts
The Purple stuff becoming blue is a weird one, but I think I have an answer.
In a nutshell, there's a formula running in the background that decides on an items "score", basically how good it is and that says whether it's white, green, blue or purple.
Now because some of the gems have changed what + they give you, the formula has been tweaked.
So in your instance, the purple katana is still as good as it always was, but is now only considered blue.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-23 17:47:27 |Show all posts
It seems like there's also a downgrade from blue to green and it affects dropped items. They appear to be blue on ground, but are green after picking them up. I have currently no free time to confirm that and write a appropriate report so I hope that someone will investigate and confirm that.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-23 18:46:50 |Show all posts
For the cooldown problem:
Instead of blocking the scenario the drops could be lowered. For example, each time you finish the scenario you get -50% Karma, exp and drop chance. So after 2nd run it is -75% and after 3rd run it is -87.5% and so on.
This way people could still play and have fun.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-23 21:59:19 |Show all posts
If you went by that formula, there would come a time where playing a whole level wouldn't get you more than 5xp, 5 karma, and no drops. Why would anyone waste their time at that point? In fact, I imagine people wouldn't waste their time loooong before they got to that point.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-23 22:06:22 |Show all posts
I still prefer what Izibaar says, or you can also change the value of the drops so you wouldn't get 2-5k  karma each run (Yurei Caverns). You'll get less karma or items, exp, whatever, but you can play. The cooldown system forces you to stop playing and that's crazy.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-23 23:49:34 |Show all posts
I really think you need to check the energy regen.  I use to be able to drop caltrops 4 times before the dark hunter buff expired, not I can only get one down before it goes away.  This new update system is horrible, I believe I am done with this game, it has turned into all the other F2P. Sorry guys, I know you had to do what you had to do.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-24 00:00:32 |Show all posts
The thing that bothered me so so much was not that we did not get any upgrades from the stage that the game was but a downgrade and that is the cooldown system for me

Actually the non-stop farming was one of the big things that would have led to the downfall of the entire game.

Actualy the non-stop farming is what is killing the game as we speak and argue about it and you guys are not seeing this.

I actualy dare u to compare the player base / time spent before and after the patch was added and post the results.

Lots more things are planned for players to do and to even get free stuff

I could care less about any free suffs. If i did not earn it on my own its not worth using it!

Before all this, at least we were able to repeat  stages as much as we wanted, waiting long weeks for an update. Now I barely play anymore.
Before all this I used to play 5-6 hours a day, now I play like 30 min every 2-3 days maybe.
I believe all this cooldown system is plain ridiculous.

I feel your pain bro... i for one dont havetime to play more then 2-3h now and then and when i used to play it i would gring and grind as much as i could in that should amount of spare time that i had ... it was a reliefe for me from work and other things...

But now i cannot do much in the game either and until it wont be fixed i will not play anymore, i would prob enter to get the daily log-in prize and exit it

P.S.
I can bypass the cooldown sistem if i wanted to but i wont cuz i respect myself and other players playing

If an admin is interested in how i will gladly explaing

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-22 02:25 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016104 second(s), 8 queries .

To Top