SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: Tzuby

New update question [Copy link]

Post time 2013-5-26 13:32:30 |Show all posts
Cooldown system is ok but they should do something to get the EXP if i die and i have to go back in town just because they removed resuscitation with red karma.
better solution is to make it limited to 2 or 3 per per mission that would be the best choice.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-27 02:16:44 |Show all posts
I'm finding it strange there is not more outcry about removing the red karma resurrection when killed. This  is a strong shift toward annoying people into paying real money, which is really not cool.

Or maybe people simply aren't playing any more? That would be sad, the game looks promising, but at the moment, it's rather dead.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-27 02:50:58 |Show all posts
I am not the person that cries. When I died, I just closed the game and stopped playing. And I wrote it in this thread, of course.
I guess a lot of people do not die, because they have farmed so much. Or they already stoped playing, because of the cooldown sysem. At the moment I wait for crafting. Then I will have a second look. But with the current Pay to Play system I will leave anyway.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-27 03:52:39 |Show all posts
I guess that karma ressurection removal is connected to introduction of cooldown system to make it work properly. If they retain karma ressurection while removing instant gain of collected karma just a few ressurections could drain you from karma and then let you die. That would be bad, to ressurect a few times and end without karma and without chance to ressurect again. I don't really see what's the point of removal being so bad. Keeping that option would make more bad than good in current situation.

I mean, maybe I'm a hardcore gamer, but it's not easy to die in this game until something like 5th area, and that takes a lot of time to get there. And most of maps can be 100% completed within 7-9 minutes, so if you die you can just start over, what's the problem anyway? And you retain items that are always worth much more than karma shards from enemies and breakables. It's not some kind of big open world like in Diablo franchise where lack of ressurection would be time consuming. And IIRC you receive some ressurection scrolls for free to test out. I don't see dying in current conditions as a game breaking and turning it into P2P. Seriously, you lost few minutes od playing, but you have karma from collected items. It's not a big deal.

The only problem I see is with the cooldowns being too big. It may be considered a P2P if someone want to play for a longer ammount of time in a row. The timers with 12h or so are lasting way too long. I hope that part will be adjustedas it's not really cool. I personally don't have that much time to play lately so it's not a problem for me, but it should be changed anyway.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-28 13:57:48 |Show all posts
There's a lot of talk "behind the scenes" about the cool down and revival thing.

Without going into too much detail, everything is kind of connected.  Mission cool downs, threat levels, crafting, material drops, shards, crystals, loot. So we are aiming for something, but we're just implementing it a bit at a time.
Might not be the greatest way to do it, but adding entirely new systems is time consuming and I guess it's better to look like something is happening and have people here to explain it, than have nothing happening for months on end and make you scared the game's dying.

As for the cost of reviving.  Again I preface this by saying IN NO WAY IS IT GUARANTEED THAT ANYTHING WILL CHANGE.  But we're also talking about the cost of this too and what to do with it.

So don't lose heart just yet.
Use buffs to not die so much (yes, even just the shard cost ones) and see how things take shape in the future  ;)

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-28 20:09:31 |Show all posts
Yeah but our problem is this ... as a player i feel robbed by all the cool thing that made the game was it was b4 this update and got nothing in return ... think u don't rly know how the deal with game is ... u take something u give something else in return ...

Also no patch/update notes ware ever given towards the players i think its in our best interest and your too to give us some sort of notice before any update will take place

Also next time u think of implementing some new system do it 100% dont give us bits and pices of all the bad things before revealing the whole thing.... doing what u guys just did will only make players leave and feel robbed by a grate gaming experience...

Also please announce updates with 24-48h before its implemented thx in advance

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-28 21:58:17 |Show all posts
Most major patch changes are usually placed right at the main character select screen btw =P Also i do find the diffculty select much better than the old system as it allows you to mess w/ new/low level characters as opposed to using a high level character just to clean over run stages because your new character would get slaughtered...

Also just being a devils advocate here but i do see why there was a need to change the system. Remember that the game *is* F2P and the amount of normal karma farming would have destroyed the in game economy and game itself. In a nutshell it was just far too easy to earn karma. SH and co. still need to monetise the game in someway or else they just won't get any income.

That being said I do see why the cool down system has become a hot topic. Farming and doing stage runs is an integral part of an ARPG and stage CD's pretty much the antithesis to this... especially some of the more insane long waits (I mean doing the forest area boss on overrun meant I had to wait HALF A DAY just to redo the stage... thats just an insane wait period xD). Hopefully they can get some sort of balance soon...

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-29 05:11:11 |Show all posts
Yeah, that's what I said. It's not really that bad idea, they just need to work on it a little more. I noticed that mainly threat level decide on what the delay would be. Especially overrun ones are a little insane currently and should be balanced in future.

Also, I think that timer should affect every theat level separately, not the mission as whole. That way after you finished overrun mission you would get for example acess to no threat unlocked after hour, low after three, medium after five and ovverrun after eight. Still better that having all options locked for whole 8 hours after you finish mission in overrun mode.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-6-8 11:38:03 |Show all posts
I started playing after the CD system was implemented. I don't see how it was so much easier to farm before? I mean, you can't repeat the same mission before waiting some time, but you have so much different missions that, unless you wanna play the game nonstop for say a couple of hours+, you have plenty of options...You can relog on the game to search for better items on the shop, while waiting too.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-6-8 14:09:55 |Show all posts
@Akurah Shi: The older system had a threat system and allowed you to redo stages as much as you wanted... so all you needed was to really redo the 2nd/3rd areas which gave reasonable Karma and items to sell/transmute over and over again until you had enough karma to buy gears... I didn't mind it since I liked to grind for gears... but in a way it promoted speeding through a stage to keep the threat level low and get better drops. This meant people would speed through missions so much and amassing a lot of karma.

If anything the new cooldown system actually promotes completely playing a stage to get the maximum gain from it since you can't redo the stage straight away.. so more thorough cleaning of a stage to get drops in my opinon is some what better for gameplay

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-22 03:39 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016222 second(s), 8 queries .

To Top