SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1236|Reply: 8

What do you do if a player harasses you? An in-game block? Reporting them? [Copy link]

Post time 2013-5-24 14:52:31 |Show all posts
Edited by Charem at 2013-5-24 14:54

Well, I've been enjoying the game quite a bit, but one high-level player has decided to spend their whole night (it's been 3 hours at least) following me around to different rooms and always joining the opposing team so they can own me with high-power weapons they have.  I know this is their intention, since they also keep trying to talk to me - I notice they also like to 'act' like they're low level, when in fact their main character is level 34.

I say main character because they've also been logging into two accounts and have been playing them at the same time.  One is a much lower level than the other - which prevents me from, say, making a room and having it have a level cap below their high-level character's level.  That blocks out their main, but then they just join with the other character.

Their accounts are "cloudy" and "c1oudy".

I would absolutely love there to be some way to block the person so I don't end up in the same games as them, or rather so they can't join the same games as me, or something.  Because right now, all I can do is attempt to play a round in one room before they show up in it themselves, or hope that team balancing forces them onto the same team as me (though they keep trying to switch to the opposite team as soon as they can).

If there's no way to do a personal block, then is there some way I can report this player as a whole?

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this; I wasn't sure how to go about this.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-25 00:38:40 |Show all posts
This is an issue that should be looked at. There are certain players who join my rooms and won't leave when asked as they abuse certain weapons that I don't want to be used at all. The ability to block certain weapons for use would solve my issue, however for harassment advice would also be useful.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-25 11:05:15 |Show all posts
do you know why he is harassing you?

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-27 17:07:48 |Show all posts
Edit: Actually this is BHB isn't it, not CF   

If the players are abusive, the best thing to do would be to get evidence (screenshots, emails) and let us know through the in game bug reporting button.  (It's not just for bugs)

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-31 20:10:29 |Show all posts
Edited by Charem at 2013-5-31 20:17

I am not sure why cloudy harasses me.  He's still doing it.  Whenever he sees me, he attempts to join a room and just sling insults at me, about how I'm a noob and pathetic.  Oftentimes he tries to join the opposing team and focuses his aggression in the rounds solely on me, even ignoring other enemies shooting at him if it lets him take me down.

From what I can tell, he doesn't like my play-style?  I use the single-barrel shotgun, and I know not everybody appreciates people who use that, but I'm simply trying to stay competitive and I certainly am not a poor sport, win or lose.  I also try to join up to the teams I think have the stronger members - which I know irritates cloudy, who calls me a coward.  Ultimately though, it's just a game, and how I play shouldn't matter unless I'm interfering with somebody else's enjoyment of the game...which I certainly don't do.
I just spent one round where cloudy entered the room midway through the match, and immediately started throwing insults about how I'm a coward again.  I found it particular ironic because, at the time, I was on the WEAKER team - all lvl 1's and 2's, while the other team had a lvl 30 with a single-barrel shotgun.  I was basically carrying my team and it was actually quite a competitive match.  ...Anyways, as soon as the round ended, cloudy tossed a few more insults at me in the room lobby, then immediately left the room.

I hope I don't come across as petty.  Normally I ignore people like this, but cloudy seems so determined to ruin my fun with the game that he...well, is starting to.  I only played long enough to get the daily rewards today, intending to stop right after I did, lest I run into cloudy again.  Unfortunately he did run into me, as I described.  At this point I'm trying to predict his gaming times so I can avoid him better.  <_>

I completely blanked on the idea of capturing screenshots, but that's absolutely a good idea.  I will certainly start doing so, and will post them using the Submit Bug option in-game.  (Which I didn't realize was for more than just bugs, actually; this is very useful to know.)

Thanks for all the responses as well.  

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-6-6 15:27:17 |Show all posts
Well that's certainly weird behaviour.  But then again, there are plenty of weirdos on the internet !!
And we definitely want you to enjoy your time in BHB and not have some stalker there.

So yeah, if you could grab a bit of evidence (not that we doubt you) next time that would be great.

Remember, for evidence posting, use the bug reporting button plz  

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-11-5 21:36:03 |Show all posts
Just Play Alone In a Locked Room

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-11-6 06:56:26 |Show all posts
Dem necro bumps

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-11-11 21:01:55 |Show all posts
i like follow someone that i hate and i choose his opposite and chase and kill him.. BOOM.. It's BHB

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2021-3-3 13:33 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.017730 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top