SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1502|Reply: 12

[SUGGESTION] Reporting Toxic/Foul Behavior [Copy link]

Post time 2013-7-25 10:54:01 |Show all posts
Edited by Wynrotar at 2013-7-25 11:01

I rarely see much conversation in game or in the lobby.  When I do it's some one cussing at some one in a match.  There is no way at this time that I know of to report this.  It was suggested to report toxic Emails via the ingame bug system in this thread by an Admin http://spicyworld.spicyhorse.com/social/thread-1658-1-3.html .  Yet that dont seem like the appropriate way.

Under stand there is a language filter by default yet that does verry little when some one wants to rip loose on a nother person.

This is a verry fun game and a lot of younglings are here.  Would be great if this does not become as bad as "The League of Legends" aka "The League of Trolls" has become.

P.S. POLL OPTIONS TEXT WAS TRUNICATED
   Option 1: Add the ability to report verbal abuse/foul language from emails, lobby, and durring matches
   Option 2: Don't add the ability to report verbal abuse/foul language from emails, lobby, and durring matches
   Option 3: Don't care
SinglePolls, Total 9 Users voted
44.44% (4)
22.22% (2)
33.33% (3)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-7-25 14:06:26 |Show all posts
This is a weird problem that seems to have arisen in the past few weeks.

We have basically 2 sides of the coin here.

1) There are genuinely people who overstep the line as to what's considered polite.
2) But there are also people who I think are being far too sensitive to online banter.

I'm pushing for the blacklist option to be more powerful so people can fully block and never have to listen again to people they don't like.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-7-25 15:49:53 |Show all posts
If the current blacklist functionality muted that person in lobby and broadcast too that would be fine by me.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-7-26 02:21:09 |Show all posts
Yay we can mute prince

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-7-26 11:35:49 |Show all posts
Edited by Wynrotar at 2013-7-26 11:44
FlightTribe replied at 2013-7-25 14:06
This is a weird problem that seems to have arisen in the past few weeks.

We have basically 2 sides  ...

Just to be the devils advocate, wouldn't using the black list actually be saying "We really don't care if you abuse people, by all means just get your self muted and keep playing the game.  Thank you."  Especially for those people who are circumventing the chat filter by intentionally misspelling words.

"2) But there are also people who I think are being far too sensitive to online banter."  
I disagree.  I've only been here for about 3 days and I've seen people cussing others out.  Even see some one bold enough to use the shout box to curse (circumventing the chat filter by intentionally misspelling) and post sexually explicit matterial.  Considering the age group this game attracts would it not be in the best interest of the community to actualy have a system to remove these people?  If a young person's parrent notices some foul language they would be less inclined to spend actual real world currency on the for there child would they not?  That sounds to be counter productive.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-7-26 13:22:02 |Show all posts
Hi there.

In regards to point 2, remember I see all the complaints people give and yes, in my opinion, some people are too sensitive, but here lies the problem.  One person's "ok" is another person's "out of order".
And that's a slippery slope when you start laying down the exact words and phrases that are ok and what aren't.  It's much better to allow people to self censor.

But also to clarify, I will ban people who broadcast any of the classic "bad things" including but not limited to rape, paedophilia, racism etc etc...

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-7-26 18:16:48 |Show all posts
We have basically 2 sides of the coin here.

1) There are genuinely people who overstep the line as to what's considered polite.
2) But there are also people who I think are being far too sensitive to online banter.

I would add 3rd side!
3) There are people who are provoked with intention to report that person after he reacts back.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-7-26 22:31:06 |Show all posts
Edited by Gem at 2013-7-26 06:39
Mondial replied at 2013-7-26 02:16
I would add 3rd side!
3) There are people who are provoked with intention to report that person af ...

LOL umek, first of all, i have no intention of reporting u, yet anyway, so dun worry i've only reported 5ky so far and it's cuz he's just an awful awful person, period. You on the other hand is just a very angry person and secondly, saying "umek never sleeps O.O" isn't provoking, and definitely dun call for a comeback such as "go f** a dog".... you got anger issues, u need to fix it there are a lot of kids in this game! wut kinda example are u setting for them D:

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-7-26 23:29:03 |Show all posts
I think there needs to be a visible line in the sand where we all can see.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-7-27 01:06:09 |Show all posts
Don't forget go **** a second dog b****,

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-15 18:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.023145 second(s), 13 queries .

To Top