SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: fink

Beta Abilities & Discipline Guide [Copy link]

Post time 2012-11-8 23:10:01 |Show all posts
Are there any other additional skills currently in development? I'm also unfamiliar with how the skill system works. Are each specialization strictly for that type of character(i.e. Fortitude skills can only be used by Fortitude toons), or can a character learn any of those skills on the list, albeit with conditions?

Also, pertaining to the first question: if there are plans to add more skills to the game, will that involve any high level (toggle/temporary) transformation skills? (e.g. shadow fllame cloak, stone/steel samurai skin, Oni/Power form, etc.)

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-9 14:39:56 |Show all posts
arctic: Each ability will have two levels of additional training available. As well as increasing the basic effectiveness, the further training will add new effects that evolve the basic ability. For example - "Rain of Blows III" looks like:

The Discipline selection you make at character creation and each time you level up will not directly limit ability training choices. It does determine how player base stats (POWER, DEFENSE and SKILL) however, and those base stats are in turn used to scale related ability power independent of training.
Training in certain abilities will be player level restricted, but you can mix and match between abilities as you please. They'll just be more powerful if you also focus your base stat growth on the related stats.

We've always planned to expand the abilities as we add new content to the game. Any further suggestions you have for new abilities will be taken into consideration (especially if you throw them in a threat ;) ).
Attachment: You have to Login to download or view attachment(s). No Account?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-10 02:04:56 |Show all posts
Edited by arctic9000 at 2012-11-9 12:07

Thanks for the great info. I like the thought of evolving skills; the flexibility being brought into this game in terms of character advancement is definitely a welcome feature not seen often in other games of the genre. Also, suggesting new abilities in a threat makes me feel all powerful =D. I'm a huge fan of transformation skills, so I'll be vocal about that in the future =O.

Since I'm already in the realm of uniqueness and flexibility, and this may be a more suited question for later development features, but as per visuals, will there be a chance to see alternate ability visuals and character appearances?

Rather, I'm wondering about alternative physiques for characters like being buffer, shorter, taller, skin color, facial features, etc. Maybe vanity products for the cash shop?
Edit/P.S.
Again, thank you for answering and giving all this great info.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-11 22:42:07 |Show all posts
Steady and Stinging shot abilities shoots only horizontallly so it's hard to use them on not flat terrain. Will they stand this way?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-13 00:14:44 |Show all posts
artic9000 i agree with you!

they should add character customization on the create new character

the game need custom stuff, like hair, size and faces alternatives

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-14 04:44:21 |Show all posts
yurga1980 replied at 2012-11-11 22:42
Steady and Stinging shot abilities shoots only horizontallly so it's hard to use them on not flat te ...

Found that bit annoying too. Plus when I'm clicking o perform a shot, its not shooting in the direction i clicked in case i move the mouse while the animation. I think that should at least be different, when imclick directly on a monster.
Found myself running away from a mob unable to backfire unless i kept the cursor on target untilled the shot went off.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-15 12:00:09 |Show all posts
Quick q: does careful shot actually do more damage when charged? It seems to be doing a flat 32 for me.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-15 22:33:03 |Show all posts
I was just wondering if we will get the option to map the key layout? I am a lefty so in most games I tend to map my moves to the number pad and arrows.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-15 22:51:56 |Show all posts
Beackerct: By design, it should provide greater damage based on charge time. It's possible you've encountered a bug that's fixed for our internal build. We'll follow it up for you.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-16 13:18:11 |Show all posts
Edited by Rommello at 2012-11-16 14:01

atm the bear & firebball traps r the best moves while moves like Meteor Rain & Hungry Cleave r worthless
also stun moves dont seem to work? even tried it on bosses i dont think it works
also Ring of frost says it slows and does damage but it just slows and does no damage

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-10-22 04:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.015535 second(s), 9 queries .

To Top