SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 3574|Reply: 26

Rename to "Akane-Iro"?  Close [Copy link]

Post time 2012-11-15 12:08:51 |Show all posts
I've seen a couple cases now where people have mispronounced the name of the game as "akanero"; basically making the "I" silence. However, the name is based on Japanese words and the "I" should not be silence. The game title is technically two words and some people will separate them with a dash(I believe neither "akane-iro" or "akaneiro" is standardized and up to individual preference when written in English). Throwing the dash in there should alleviate the mispronunciation problem.

Although at this stage, I somehow have a feeling it's too late for such a change—even if there was popular support. Regardless, I'm interested in what people think; so cast your vote, 'less you be adverse to the small questionaire. Feel free to voice any comments you have as well!
SinglePolls, Total 97 Users voted
27.84% (27)
72.16% (70)
Your User group have no permission to vote
✰✰✰ GOLD ME! ✰✰✰

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-15 16:59:32 |Show all posts
The title name is AKANEIRO, and people should be pronounce it correctly. AKA NE IRO

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-16 00:16:27 |Show all posts
Might as well call it あかね色 then.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-16 03:09:13 |Show all posts
What? What is that? That's like not even English.

@Tako Yeah, I remember someone from Spicy Horse actually used the incorrect pronunciation. Or perhaps they were just rolling along and being a good guest.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-16 14:10:33 |Show all posts
@Simple: that's just how Akaneiro is written in Japanese.

Personally for aesthetic reasons I voted against adding the hyphen - but it would be good to at least get the right pronunciation out there.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-17 13:47:23 |Show all posts
I've just been referring people to it as Angry Red, or "That one menstrual game"

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-17 16:34:00 |Show all posts
I voted for "no", hyphen would ruin logo for me, but... maybe capitalised "I" would solve the problem? For me it could stay like it is, I know how to pronounce japanese words. But capitalised "I" may be good alternative to your proposition and would be much easier to implement.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-18 02:26:41 |Show all posts
Hyphenation can look ugly in a title and I guess I was basing the suggestion more grammatically. For example, some people write counterattack while others prefer counter-attack. Although, I actually prefer the non-hyphenated version here.

Just capitalizing the "I" would be a better compromise since it doesn't introduce an additional character to the title. But "AkaneIro" looks a bit weird to me? Then again, it is the title of a game so I guess conforming to normal grammar isn't strictly required.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-18 02:52:33 |Show all posts

Okami have "capitalized" I in logo and nobody refer to is as "OkamI"
btw. it looks like "ōkAMI" when trying to recreate the writing style.

and Akaneiro in current logo seems to be something like "AKANEIRO"
making "I" as big as "A" with crossbars wouldn't hurt and the game will be still referred as "Akaneiro"
Only the I in graphic representation on logo will be more visible.

But it's only suggestion to those who want change, I don't really mind if it will be changed or not.

Btw. I personally like the old 2011 logo much more than present. I'm talking about the one visible on this concept art:

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-18 22:06:21 |Show all posts
I voted "No", people should tell it properly even in english. Plus in my language (polish) it can be normaly read properly as "aka-nei-ro" (hyphens means syllabes pause)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-13 05:15 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.019846 second(s), 13 queries .

To Top