SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 3811|Reply: 32

movement suggestion [Copy link]

Post time 2012-11-15 13:38:27 |Show all posts
I just wanted to make a poll and see how many people would be ok with WASD movement instead of what it is right now I don't mind the movement but it would be nice to have WASD as an option. I'd just like to know the peoples opinion.

SinglePolls, Total 144 Users voted

Poll is finished

27.08% (39)
11.11% (16)
61.81% (89)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-15 20:10:25 |Show all posts
Edited by devil_kit_13 at 2012-11-15 04:29

Personally both. I'm just too used to wasd type movement. Even though I play LoL and that has only right click move I feel like that just won't work here in Akaneiro.

Also I realize if they implemented WASD they have the basics for 8 directional D pad for people who want to play Akaneiro with a game pad. . . Just saying.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-15 21:10:21 |Show all posts
IMO both is way better, I like playing using only the mouse but you eventually need to use the keyboard to change skills quickly and so on, so moving while using the keyboard, and selecting with the mouse will be quicker and for harder levels may be vital, or that's what  I think.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-15 21:34:20 |Show all posts
Maybe it's just me *lack of skills*, but having the keyboard option would help a lot... like when you want to attack a foe, then you click - if you can not hit exactly where the enemy is, you'll just walk instead of attacking...

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-15 21:59:29 |Show all posts
I would love both, but mainly because right now instead of using a mouse I'm using my drawing tablet haha...
Though I'm not too sure about the usefulness of WASD... I played Spiral Knights for some time and I had to use keyboard controls instead of point-click and it really restricted my ability to attack things. WASD is harder in these kinds of games as currently it's bird's eye view (if they moved it to an eye-level view tupe game then WASD is appropriate, it'd be like those FPS games).

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-16 12:35:00 |Show all posts
I would prefer a gamepad option instead of keyboard movement.

Analog works best :p

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-16 12:53:13 |Show all posts
Yeah I like ASDW too. Is it just me or is there no way to activate skills with your keyboard? That makes it a little hard for me (of course it may also be because I am mentally retarded I'm just not capable of figuring out how to do it)

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-17 01:14:50 |Show all posts
the controls are fine just as it is for me actually....
i have never played (or even heard of actually) a top-down view game with WASD to control movement...

And for people that wonder about activating skills with keyboard, try pressing the 1 2 3 number keys...

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-17 14:14:01 |Show all posts
ken replied at 2012-11-17 01:14
the controls are fine just as it is for me actually....
i have never played (or even heard of actual ...

I think Mythos is a top-down view game with WASD idk it sort of reminds me of Akaneiro

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-18 19:27:17 |Show all posts
Both would be great in a perfect world, but I can't see it working out too great. You'd probably have to make up for kiting. My big problem here so far is kiting and playing ranged too often, so I'm habitually forgetting to Shift-click when I'm in melee.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-15 18:13 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.022672 second(s), 13 queries .

To Top