SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: imaginaari

Donation Questions  Close [Copy link]

Post time 2012-11-24 06:51:12 |Show all posts
I think that Akaneiro is worth to be paid for. I guess that they're switched to paid model not to make more money for themselves but to keep good quality of game as an independent developer. Akaneiro is online only game, just like the Diablo III is, all our data have to be saved on their servers. Servers and creation of new content isn't free and without support from estabilished publisher their budget needs to be higher. They need money to give us a good quality product.

For me, Akaneiro is promising game, and have a good chance to be better than mentioned Diablo III. And if so many people have bought Diablo III, and I don't see why wouldn't be there as many people to buy Akaneiro as well. It's not really a big deal. I think that most people were attracted by game, and not by "FREE" slogan. And it's good that they're doing the switch before game is coming out. I'm sure that many people who havn't already heard about the game will love and buy finished product.
You may say "but D3 have one-time payment only and Akaneiro will have micro-payment system". I'm also a little worried about it, but they already said that

Headed to PC, the web, and tablets, the game is free-to-play—but Spicy Horse promises it won't be "naggy" or "spammy"
It will be free to play, with micro-transactions for customization/convenience items and DLC-style expansions.
We've no plans to sell weapons for cash.

so I don't see reason why we shouldn't believe them. I belive that they won't ruin their own game by making it pay-to-win. They're too clever to do such a bad move.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-24 08:06:32 |Show all posts
I did say when I signed up for beta that I'd be willing to spend money in this game... but to play it? It's a slight turn off for me, but I'll have to see where this goes.
The game attracted me, but the F2P model was another major grabbing point for me too. I hope that the game will get enough attention to become F2P eventually, like Aion. Till then I will have to work out a way to support my Akaneiro account!

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-24 10:53:10 |Show all posts
Edited by breadfan85 at 2012-11-24 14:25

woah. things get more interesting.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-24 12:15:01 |Show all posts
hell no, pay to play will burn Akaneiro down

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-25 05:33:00 |Show all posts
Personally I'd prefer one time payment (buy-to-play) model with item mall, I don't mind paying some bugs for Akane, but unless it's a full-fledged MMORPG, Im not going to pay more.

Diablo III has RMAH, people can earn their 60$ back in an instance & even make more money from it. Can't really be compared to Akane.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-25 06:58:38 |Show all posts
I have absolutely no problem what so ever to buy the game to play it like i do with majority of my games, but if i have to pay monthly to play it i probebly will pass on that.
Not because i dont think the game is worth it but the little time i have between studying and working parttime i would be paying for notting most of the month.

But other than this new developement i still love the concept of the game for as far as i can tell without haven tested it yet.
Keep up the good work

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-25 07:38:06 |Show all posts
Edited by imaginaari at 2012-11-25 00:40

I think there's no way to make Akaneiro monthly subscription model. It's not a mmorpg and this model isn't suitable to any other genre at all. And if something like that happend I would pass too as the gaming isn't my whole life. But it's probably be buy-to-play for base game with DLC content realeases from time to time instead of normal expansions and with item shop with some non-invasional items that are not going to broke game by making it pay-to-win. And that's why I'm rather optimistic about new announcement.

And I used D3 only to make an example of the game that have similiar structure (online based A-RPG) that isn't free and selled well. Akaneiro isn't going to be a worse game, at least in my opinion, so I think that they'll find enough interested people that will buy it. And personally I think that even normal auction house ruined the gameplay, balance and the idea of game (why even pick up items when we can buy everything - that's killing the whole ARPG idea for me, and it killed all my enthusiasm for it. Playing with overpowered equipment bought by in-game value on AH isn't fun anymore), not even mention how the RMAH spoiled the game by letting work and money-making ideology replace fun and joy of gaming.

So if I could choose - I would say that real currency in-game shop (without weapons and items that makes game buy-to-win and thereby ruining the game balance) runned by developer is always better than RMAH and even the game currency AH that will always ruin the balance game for good. That's why I' setting up so much my hopes on this game. I believe that they're know what they're doing.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-26 11:42:58 |Show all posts
Though I can't quite give specifics at this moment, I can confirm a few things.
  • It's definitely not an MMO, nor will it ever be. It won't follow a subscription payment model.
  • There'll be a once off purchase price for the initial release, though there may be some form of in-game purchases (think something like Infinity Blade). If so, it won't be something that disrupts or restricts regular play.
  • We will release paid DLC style expansion packs on a regular basis, which add new areas, enemies, abilities, items and a raised level cap. These expansions are also an opportunity to add new features.
  • The pricepoint will be very low. This is an indepedent release from a smaller development team - we won't be pricing it like Diablo or even Torchlight.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-26 12:43:46 |Show all posts
fink replied at 2012-11-26 04:42
Though I can't quite give specifics at this moment, I can confirm a few things.
  • It's definitely  ...

• This is enough for me to keep me here and wait for the release!

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-26 18:48:22 |Show all posts
    Great news! That's what I wanted to hear and you didn't let me down.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-10-22 03:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016630 second(s), 9 queries .

To Top