SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: imaginaari

Donation Questions  Close [Copy link]

Post time 2012-11-26 20:28:25 |Show all posts
Glad to hear it wont be monthly. I was starting to get worried.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-26 20:53:05 |Show all posts
well that's great news, wont be a subscription payment model, but a one time purchase with dlc new content, and cheaper then torchlight 2 im actually happier with this news fink

the next step after confirmed the one time purchase, would be a standalone client for better performance and reduced loading time.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-26 21:03:42 |Show all posts
We will be offering a downloadable patcher/client option - which will reduce some symptoms associated with browser and allow for once off downloads with periodic patching (as opposed to downloading it into browser cache every time).

It will still require the server connection though, so it won't be completely standalone. We need to maintain that for some of the social connectivity we want (summoning each other as AI helpers, world balance and leaderboards). We need to keep that door open for future expansion, so we committed to client-server architecture that would support wider options and allow for secure multiplayer... when we're able to include it.

I guess I can let that one out of the bag too ;) Further opinions welcome.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-26 21:15:45 |Show all posts
Client-server architecture is a good way to limit possibilities of cheating, so I think that internet connection only for a client version is great decision, even if the multiplayer options aren't coming anytime soon. You have to keep players progression balance secure. In this times there's almost no need for an offline mode at all.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-27 03:32:33 |Show all posts
Edited by marco_tueres030 at 2012-11-27 04:32

Guess I won't be able to play this game after beta then :<
F2P slogan kind of hooked me on, not only that, they are the developers of American Mcgee's Alice and Alice Madness Returns. Two of my favorites on my list of "twisted fairy tales" lol.

I think F2P will attract more players because Spicy Horse isn't really that well known (But not an alien to society though, just not that popular among AAA devs) It's also a great addition that you guys put up a donation system thingy. Maybe if you guys put this up on Kickstarter it will help your game more popular.

I wish you guys will still continue F2P, just my opinion though

Even if you guys will still continure the plan for the switch, I hope this game gets a sequel. Like Torchlight II And when that time comes around, I hope it's not going to be server-related or online.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-27 07:47:35 |Show all posts
You guys should do an ad-supported free/share-ware type deal. People can play the initial game release for free, but they need to watch a short ad to load the level or something, then if they want to remove ads they can pay X amount. The game could still be free2play, & the you as the developers could still make money from free players.
I know it's not likely going to happen, but I just wanted to voice my opinion. =3

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-27 17:19:20 |Show all posts
Great.. just one thing, is this not supposed to be an MMO since I saw the squad making in the following releases, doesn't that count to be one or I just misunderstood that?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-28 02:33:41 |Show all posts
They meant making a squad of your characters, with the other ones as support to character you're playing at a moment. And they plan to include multiplayer options in future, but anyway creating a group with four or five other player's isn't really "massive", so this doesn't count. : ]

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-29 06:15:18 |Show all posts
I think, that f2p model suits better for game like this. Free players may have some limits (eg. only one charackter) or have no limits, but then supporting module can be balanced item shop, (or items for premium cash).

Of course pay once - play forever sounds also good. But only when prise is reasonable

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-29 07:06:24 |Show all posts
nooooOOOOOOOO

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-8-20 04:31 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.018437 second(s), 9 queries .

To Top