SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: imaginaari

Donation Questions  Close [Copy link]

Post time 2012-12-4 12:31:23 |Show all posts
Well, I'd gladly pay for the game as long as it's not a subscription based economy. If I can't even handle paying $15 a month for games like WoW or SW:Tor, then it would have been just as difficult for Akaneiro. Glad Fink confirmed that it won't be pay-to-play, worried me for a second considering how much I'm loving this game right now.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-6 01:32:59 |Show all posts
Edited by aballah.ram at 2012-12-6 01:35

A buy2play game, imho, is aways better.

I will gladly pay to play this game (even more if it's a one time only purchase). I'm here since some time now and I'm amazed of how much things are getting better.

Didn't manage to play a lot, but I feel this game has great potential.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-10 22:30:10 |Show all posts
I think that the game will be Free to Play, with some items that you can buy with cash, some things that you pay to make your character more beautifull or something that makes your character stronger, but not something that'll make you OP. They already said that the game will not be Pay to Play, so, why you think that?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-11 13:38:25 |Show all posts
Interesting. I don't mind the switch. I donated a little because I'm really looking forward to the game's release.
[Also as a test post to see if I have the support icon.]

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-23 15:08:34 |Show all posts
I don't care for the free-to-play... makes me feel like I fired up my XBOX 360 and apps I want to use with a service I already paid for separately, are hidden behind a pay-wall.

Wait a min...

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-28 06:22:13 |Show all posts
I just found out about this game and got extremly excited, was scared at first about a monthly sub but after this statement I'm totally excited again!
Definitly willing to pay for it as the admin stated here above

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-28 07:59:19 |Show all posts
Gee I wonder how much it will be, I donated around $25 to support the game, and also because it said if you donate over how much it will cost then you will get the game for free, so I hope I donated enough to get it.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-29 03:31:25 |Show all posts
As you're announced kickstarter campaign in the newsletter

Kickstarter Mystery
Keep watch for an important announcement regarding Akaneiro and Kickstarter. The team has a cool surprise in store for the first week of 2013.

I've got some important questions about current supporters.

The paypal campaign was open only to beta prticipants and seems to be closed now, and the new kickstarter campaign is going to be wide open and much more diversified in rewards. How are you going to avoid giving more privileges to new donators over the older ones?

I think about situations where, for example, somebody donated a 15$ for a "donator exclusive items" and now they're available as 10$ pledge, and the next pledge is 15$ that contains those and some new extras. It's a 15$ for new donators vs 30$ for the old ones that would want to participate in kickstarter campaign for the same content. For the bigger kickstarter pledges the difference would be so big, but, as the kickstarter doesn't allow to add money from other sources, the current supporters may still have some "unawarded" ammount of money putted in.

It's not like I'm ungenerous or something, I'm just a little worried about possible issues with the equal treatment of your customers that may happen after starting previously unannounced kickstarter campaign.

You probably could just give paypal donators different items that will no double with kickstarter rewards, or, as I don't see really many current Supporters, just "upgrade the pledge outside of kickstarter system" by direct contact with paypal donators and awarding them with higher pledges than it may seem on the kickstarter website. Or maybe you have another idea how to overcome such a problems. I would like to know which way you probably are going to choose.

Cheers and keep on doing the great job with this game : )

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-29 03:56:18 |Show all posts
From the FAQ on the steam greenlight page, from 19th of december:
Thanks for the feedback - we're still working out the particulars. It's looking like the initial release may remain free to play. Further major content expansions will depend on how things develop post release. We'll try to find a solution that doesn't neglect player preferences.

I think it's probably connected with the kickstarter campaign announced for next week in today's newsletter.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-29 14:38:29 |Show all posts
First up - thanks for approaching this with your usual level-headedness

We're busy preparing all the materials for the Kickstarter Campaign now. You can rest assured that we will properly recognize those who have donated and backed us via donation already.

Donators will receive properly exclusive rewards, or at the very least a reward that belongs to a high reward tier.  You'll also have access to the backer-only forum so you can contribute any discussion surrounding the KS campaign.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-22 05:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.015783 second(s), 9 queries .

To Top