SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: imaginaari

Donation Questions  Close [Copy link]

Post time 2012-12-30 11:16:59 |Show all posts
Ohhh I hope I donated enough, I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I really enjoy it, so I donated $25, I don't know how much the game will cost when it is released but I will probably donate more for the kickstarter thing if I have enough money.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-30 15:19:51 |Show all posts
Had this "what will happen to those who donated" idea floating around and am glad that it is being looked into. Not that I mind because if i remember correctly, which I may be wrong, it said it was going to be a donation. If i had to guess it could have also severed as a test to see if poeple would help in a Kickstarted situation.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-31 02:58:43 |Show all posts
fink replied at 2012-12-29 07:38
First up - thanks for approaching this with your usual level-headedness

We're busy preparing all ...

Thank you very much, your answer put me at ease. Exclusive reward sounds cool but the other solution is also good. Looks like now supporters have nothing else to do but wait for the list of kickstarter reward list to made some decisions. I'm looking forward for this, as I would really like to participate in the new campaign if I manage to save some money for that.

Backer-only forum is also a good idea, it would be a more appropriate place for further discussions. I'm almost sure that the kickstarter backers will get special user group on the forum and access to backer section of forum. I thought that it may be more convenient to you to create for them a new special user group, different than "Akaneiro Supporter" to make out quickly who is who in the backer-only forum talks.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-1 05:14:16 |Show all posts
I would greatly prefer Akaneiro if it used a paid model. I'm not a fan of F2P at all, but I enjoy the game enough that I'm willing to look past that as things stand now.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-1 06:16:30 |Show all posts
piercyjoshua replied at 2013-1-31 17:14
I would greatly prefer Akaneiro if it used a paid model. I'm not a fan of F2P at all, but I enjoy th ...

that would basically mean 70 percent of the playerbase gone and many kickstarter pledges cancelled

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-1 06:20:58 |Show all posts
I like how there is a sticky about how the game will only ever be F2P for the foreseeable future.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-1 09:02:06 |Show all posts
piercyjoshua replied at 2013-2-1 05:14
I would greatly prefer Akaneiro if it used a paid model. I'm not a fan of F2P at all, but I enjoy th ...

I am not sure how a paid model would help Akaneiro, anyway.
F2P is the best solution for spreading the game among the people. Not forget to mention it still stays F2P without becoming a Pay2Win-Game.

Player who enjoyed the game are more likely to pay several times, much more than they would with a one-time-payment

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-2 17:55:52 |Show all posts
i think this game is already a pay-to-play kind of game. I stopped playing because it cost way too much to get to the next level, power ups,etc. I don't want to play a game where you have to play the first lvl 100 times before you can play lvl 2.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-3 03:34:46 |Show all posts
Orange_cakes replied at 2013-2-2 17:55
i think this game is already a pay-to-play kind of game. I stopped playing because it cost way too m ...

I don't know how you were playing, but it's fairly easy to gain a lot of karma just by playing through the first 3 missions on increasing difficulties.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-4 08:30:41 |Show all posts
Making a game a paid model is risky but it weeds out those who would be unwilling to pay but still eat bandwidth, gets rid of Pay2Win functions, and improves the community by ridding it of trollish kids and rude freeloaders. Bring it on, best of luck to them though. It'll be a rocky road.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-8-25 05:44 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016984 second(s), 9 queries .

To Top