SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 3060|Reply: 36

[suggestion] ability tabs poll - 3*3 or 2*5 - what is better? [Copy link]

Post time 2012-11-24 07:11:43 |Show all posts
Any reflections about current 3-tab system? I find it a really not intuitive, when we want go from 1st tab to 3rd etc. I don't remember how many times I changed my abilities during the battle to wrong tab because of that. For me, the 3-tab system is just impossible to work correctly in Action-RPG. That's why I think that they should be changed to two tabs with more abilities accessible. That's the only way to give us possibility to always get the right abilitites, the one we need in particular moment without making mistake.
I addeded a poll for people that don't have any reflections to share and want to only say "it's good how it's right now" or "it have to be changed".
SinglePolls, Total 65 Users voted

Poll is finished

3.08% (2)
96.92% (63)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-24 12:08:16 |Show all posts
As a point of interest, the 3 ability triangular layout is actually a holdover from our Android UI design. We thought it'd be worth seeing how people reacted in general.

The tab switching is a legacy of internal debug versions. We'd actually not intended for it to be available in the final version. That changed when we saw people making such good use of it.

Since we're directing our current efforts toward an initial launch on PC, it makes sense to conform ongoing UI design to the expectations of that audience. We'd love to get some more feedback on ability use and config. I expected this suggestion, especially

I think the 2*5 layout is an elegant solution; it still retains some of the strategic choice required with a limited set, and a toggle (between 2 groups) switch is easier to comprehend and use effectively.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-25 00:31:10 |Show all posts
a toggle between 2 groups is a great idea! however, having 5 skills at a time is not really that great (for me that is) because 1st, i find it intuitive to just put my fingers on the 1,2,3 buttons, having a 4th or 5th button is just extra and i won't be using it anyway.....2nd, i'm the type of gamer that doesn't have the habit of having more than a very few selected skills at a time (makes life simpler ;))

Just my habit anyway

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-25 00:58:50 |Show all posts
The smaller set was intended to force some level of forethought, yes

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-11-30 11:20:32 |Show all posts
I am just like Ken, my fingers sit easily on the 1-3 keys and I probably wouldn't use 4 and 5. Might I suggest the option to turn tabs on and off if, for example, you only intend to switch back and forth between 6 abilities. Or customize the number of abilities in a tab. Just a thought, though you may have already considered that.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-7 00:51:52 |Show all posts
I think that 5 buttons for habilities , would be very productive , its true that alot of people use more 1,2,3 and 4,5 not that much , but i can have secondary habilities that i dont use all the time in 4 and 5 like heals or buffs for example.
Also sometimes reach to five its a little harder ( lol) i normally change the 5,6,7... etc in games for letters so its easier for me to have more skills.
thats why i think more habilities would be great

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-7 01:43:03 |Show all posts
Thangard, that's exactly the reason why I proposed this solution. Now I have buffs on second tab and I almost never use them. And from what I know, they already confirmed that we will be able to configure keyboard shortcuts just like we want to, so the 1-2-3-Q-W would be a good alternative for people that find 4 and 5 too unintuitive.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-8 06:29:23 |Show all posts
Edited by B10H4Z4RD at 2013-1-7 18:36

y not just have 1 bar with 10 skills like every other game out there?
edit - or customizable keys?

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-8 06:43:50 |Show all posts
B10H4Z4RD replied at 2013-1-7 23:29
y not just have 1 bar with 10 skills like every other game out there?
edit - or customizable keys?

because its a question of "choice"

there really aint that many skills in the game, so that 10 field bar would be mostly unused

tab system with fewer fields is the more "logical" solution.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-8 10:41:54 |Show all posts
Brian Frobey replied at 2013-1-8 03:02
I'd rather just use 1x9.

Do you have any reason for it beside "prefer/lack of change" ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-21 19:34 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.018481 second(s), 13 queries .

To Top