SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1641|Reply: 13

getting better with each patch! [Copy link]

Post time 2012-12-5 06:50:02 |Show all posts
i love the style of graphics used, movement and battle system have also seen improvement but the village seems a little too empty and a little boring. Id like to see it be more interesting or is it only meant to be a kind of game lobby for the character?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-5 12:20:26 |Show all posts
The Village is your home base and acts as the game lobby. We have some ideas for making the Village more interesting but I'm not sure if or when we'll get to them

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-6 06:42:05 |Show all posts
Art is gorgeous  but the models in game looks cartoony compared to the concept arts imo. The graphics are lacking one thing, shadows.

BTW, when wil you guys put the mouse pointers? And the hover thingy for buttons?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-6 15:33:38 |Show all posts
I think that they look too angular now , and that's the bigger problem. They should be more bulrred, with more accented edges. I hope that the current style isn't at maximum graphics options, and in final release we'll be able to choose things such as lighting, shadows, texture quality etc.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-7 07:20:47 |Show all posts
Well I hoped there's more of thick edges like the one below:

Because it makes it look more sharper and defined.

I wonder when will they put the comics strip and tutorials they promised?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-7 17:44:05 |Show all posts
Edited by imaginaari at 2012-12-7 10:49

An there are some pictures on twitter

I really think that the second art test look much better than the final implementation.
And here it is used also on graphic that is named a screenshort so I think you're able to do that

I'm sorry but now, with camera so far away from objects it hardly look japanese at all.
I really, really want this older style from few months ago. It looks wonderful, and the current style is too random.

Of course, new screens on facebook are ok too, like this one

But truth is that during the gameplay they're not looking that good.

For the moment, I think that I like way older visual effects from Okami much more.

Your effects doesn't seeem do be even close to be displayed as much as in Okami. They're somehow getting lost.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-7 19:30:02 |Show all posts
Well, at last I think this subject deserves its own thread, but yeah some of the early screenshots actually look much better and shows the art-style in its full glory, but when they get the final touch the very magic somehow dissapears. Whether it has something to do with camera angle or it is about visuals getting processed through a layers of different filters - I don't know. But it could be much better than that.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-7 21:32:17 |Show all posts
I think it's the camera angle. It's so upward that it's like looking down straight ahead (You guys get what I mean right? My english is bad :<) The camera angles kinda wastes the scenery because all you get to look at is the floor. It should be tilted downwards, behind you like the screenshots.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-8 01:20:46 |Show all posts
Edited by imaginaari at 2012-12-7 18:40

I have impression that they're using now different filters that are less painting-alike and more cartoony-realistic with much more detailed effects. Lowering a little angle of camera will help a little, but I think that this is not the only reason of such differences. On the "2. art target test" you can even see that character leave behind some kind of ink smudges. The colors are more plain, contrasted with each other and pastel on older materials. On the full screen size instead of normal "fog of war" we see some aquarel-like blurring in back plane, and really thick edges on trees and stone shrines.
Here you have current screen with lowered camera

The leaves on trees are completely different  for example. Camera angle is not the issue. Current rendering is just different than one used here:

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-12-8 15:03:09 |Show all posts
btw your last post is not showing the second screenshot.
and your previous post also not showing the second one.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-8-25 08:56 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016723 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top