SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 3293|Reply: 33

Tough Earth teams in IM [Copy link]

Post time 2015-2-13 21:14:07 |Show all posts
lately, I have been encountering some very tough earth teams in IM during the last island (Baphomet, Gorgon Queen, Tera and KRimmon is one, sometimes Baitbat and Molten throw into the mix) and my liquid team:
FA, HF, Charyd and QQ sometimes cannot kill them all during Fear anymore (and I have 3 Fear in my setup).

I am thinking of trying the following instead (maybe after the double marestones weekend):

FA (Fear, Inv, Gale)
Scion (Squall, No Quarter, Doppleganger) <== close to 30k dps
Charyd (Demonic, Shower, Fear or Untamed)
Hoarfrost (Fear, Water Attune, Typhoon) <== 30k dps

I will lose Stream but will gain Scion and he should be effective against those Earth cards...

Once I get a NE with Wind Attunement, I will probably go all Wind on these Earth team but until then... what do you think?
Stick with 1 Wind + 3 Water? or 2 Wind + 2 Water?

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-13 21:24:54 |Show all posts
Doppel isn't useful in isla. Try a AOE instead

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-13 21:29:13 |Show all posts
Spike13 replied at 2015-2-13 21:24

It is when i do triple Fear
Dopple kicks in just like an AOE by the time I change to Auto Mode.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-13 21:31:48 |Show all posts
Edited by cuddle13 at 2015-2-13 21:34
Spike13 replied at 2015-2-13 21:24

Scion does have Typhoon which will benefit from Water Attune and Shower I assume...
But you think its a good idea to sub QQ with Scion in my setup against Earth team?

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-14 01:11:25 |Show all posts
I can relate to that but my situation is against Liquid teams. So far i've been winning all the water teams i face with a fire team (2/3 guys) and one earth card, even against hoarfrost, lamia, tefnut and any other card.

My trick is to taunt with The Molten till Cerberus Fear is triggered. While in Fear, i can kill 2-3 of them, depending on the cards they have. The Molten can die sometimes but i know i can't expect to win every match against a full Liquid team everytime.
I've tested it with a healer as well, when i know it's going to be a hard fight. I've noticed the Molten might go to 20% health at the Fear time, but when it wears off he's back to full health, allowing the team to clear the next 2 (or 1) card remaining. And Cerberus deals considerable damage to them by itself.

My taunt, on your case, should be "almost" the same thing of your 1st Fear, with the exception your cards being healthier. Have you tried playing with double fear instead? Three sounds too much to me.
With two fears i believe you can kill half or 3/4 of their team if you have one more wind card and focus on their most valuable cards. The one that remains shouldn't be hard to kill in a 4 vs 1 situation then.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-14 02:12:38 |Show all posts
Yes. Personally i use lamia, qq, ww and agrestes. Single fear and single sanctuary they are doingn fine. Until now they have never died. Lamia, chary, ww and agrestes were doing fine too, just a little slower to kill it seem.
I will try a full water team when tefnut will have invincibility levelled.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-14 02:48:44 |Show all posts
That earth team you are talking about is a bit of a beast.   My normal setup is Chary, Joro, Sig, and then playing on 4th between several cards until i can get tefnut.   Anyhow, that particular earth team tears me up, so any time i see it i send end my other trash NE's first, then wipe it up with the real team.   I am in the process of getting the wind team NE'd which should make those earth teams cake.   Need Bef to start showing up more often in shops though.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-14 03:26:01 |Show all posts
Edited by Phate999 at 2015-2-14 03:28

Make sure to kill Gorgon 1st then Baphomet. Or vice versa. After that out DPS Rimmon's heals and kill Tera.

If you don't kill both Gorgon and Baphomet before fear, you will lose probably. But if you do, it's victory.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-14 03:31:50 |Show all posts
Phate999 replied at 2015-2-14 03:26
Make sure to kill Gorgon 1st then Baphomet. Or vice versa. After that out DPS Rimmon's heals and kil ...

Tera energy flux is insanely powerful too...
if my team gets FEARED and flux goes off... all dead...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-14 03:55:57 |Show all posts
I've been going strong with (FA-WWWB-Hoarforst-Lamia)1 fear and 1 DS till the past week or two. I was doing it all on auto(only moved FA onto other half with invincibility then fear)...but not any more with these earth team combinations , same as you. Baphomet always gets out of my fear zone and decimates my Lamia and hoarfrost and hits me with his fear after mine...not to mention he's  very Jacked def... The counter for me was to put another fear on Hoarfrost and move my entire team onto opponent side before 1st fear is cast..the days of doing it with one fear and auto are over, it definitely got harder

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2020-9-28 04:33 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.019539 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top