SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: Feanyar

Thoughts on SH game-design decisions [Copy link]

Post time 2015-2-27 18:45:17 |Show all posts
I love this thread :-)

Just i disagree with you spike : for me event raid boss are far more fun than island events. Even with the low drop rate of ERB... because you can do all the other maps :-)

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-27 20:48:54 |Show all posts
Raid events are better by far...there just need to be EP rewards along the way like island rewards. Good points

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-27 20:52:55 |Show all posts
Edited by Spike13 at 2015-2-27 20:54
voeuxpieux replied at 2015-2-27 18:45
I love this thread :-)

Just i disagree with you spike : for me event raid boss are far more fun th ...

I can do the other maps even with island event, it is enough to NOT playing the event. But with island i have the choice. With raid i am forced to not playing the event by the lack of event raid bosses...

(Btw while doing island event you cankill as many normal raid boss as you want...)

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-27 21:28:20 |Show all posts
Another thing to mention it's the few (or none) appearances of World Bosses while at Raid Events.
I personally like to fight WB more than that type of event, and for that week he takes vacations, making it very rare to show up.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-27 21:33:05 |Show all posts
Spike13 replied at 2015-2-27 20:52
I can do the other maps even with island event, it is enough to NOT playing the event. But with isl ...

but when doing a island event you can't go farm hellforge for equipment or for disciples.
only way would be if you did not do the island event or going for low rank.
if you are a free player and you want to get into top 2000 than you are not going to be able to even keep your rank.ofcourse 2000 is nothing but what about people that want 4x as free player you won't even get close if you farm hellforge and other stuff.
while doing raid event you can still farm in hellforge and do normal raid bosses cause often you won't see your list spammed with event boss anyways and when you do see one you often have some spare rood anyways

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-27 22:03:28 |Show all posts
While doing raid bosses i usually can't get 4x anyway 'cause raid bosses are non existent.
It wasn't like this at the time of baphomet or gorgon queen, but last few event raids where really unplayable, so is better to have the chance to decide if farming hellforge OR getting ranked in an event when the alternative is not having any chance to play the event even if you want to.

I get that a lower level this isn't a problem, apparently less people is able to kill them, but over lvl50 you spend hours with full rood without being able to see any event raid boss... And when you finally see one half of the time someone else kill it ahead of you... Is depressing

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-27 23:43:06 |Show all posts
Perhaps a problem of your friend list Spike... i have between 20 and 25 ERB from friends per day. As for scion event...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-28 00:44:28 |Show all posts
Spira replied at 2015-2-27 21:28
Another thing to mention it's the few (or none) appearances of World Bosses while at Raid Events.
I  ...

Thats not true. The WB spawns during raidevent just like it does during island events. The only issue is, that he usually dies within 5-10mins due to the dmgbuff of event advantage items. But thats another issue and not really related towards whether raid or island events are "better". ;)

@spike:
I can see it being a bit more difficult to find eventraids when you're highlvl, since you need only red/purple ones. But I know several people in that lvl area who have no issues killing enough raids to at least get the item. As for high ranks... yes, thats more tricky - but thats true for everyone. As a highlvl u have the advantage of recieving more EP / kill and most likely you will need to gold-spawn some. But how is that different to spending gold on hope refills for island events? In both cases u need a deep pocket to rank high.
Island events on the other hand have NO benefit for newbies, since they'll have trouble to even kill Tunam - not to mention farming Irkalla. Its disadvantageous doing islands as a midtier / kinda newish player, since u dont want the xp and need to spend hope for other things (feederXP, hellforge) - even if you just want to get the items. I'm not even talking about high ranks here... Thats a large portion of the playerbase that is effectivly excluded from doing the event.

Summa summarum:
Islands are slightly better than raidevents for highlvl players, but *much* worse for low/midtier players.
Raidevents are useful for ALL players, while being a bit more tricky for highlvls.
Ergo: Overall, raidevents are better the "The Players" (in general)
And if u read my initial post, I didn't propose to do raidevents only. I'm fine with alternating between raids and islands. I did critizice the decision of SH though, to have a series of 4(!) islands in a row (and who knows how many more to come) since it excludes an entire generation of players from doing meaningful events. And if they are excluded, thats detrimental to a healthy and active community and thus bad for the game and SH overall.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-28 00:48:36 |Show all posts
I have the exactly same problem as Spike13, and i believe we are not the only ones.

I am way over level 50 and my friendslist is full of NM cards, almost everyone over level 50 as well. If i had any lower level friends, the Event Bosses wouldn't give me any points anyway because of the level range.
Not to mention they would become useless to island event and world boss.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-2-28 00:57:33 |Show all posts
I'm fine with alternating between raids and islands. I did critizice the decision of SH though, to have a series of 4(!) islands in a row

You are right there, even if i keep saying island events are more rewarding for every player than raid bosses. There are a lot of stuff Spicy could fix and some are quite easy to do.

Players have been suggesting viable and constructive options that doesn't require to change the whole game. The really bad thing i can see here is from Spicys side. Even knowing the bad stuff that has been done, they not only don't fix them but keep doing the same thing!

I blame that "mysterious guy" that's on the lead taking those bad decisions.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-12-6 07:01 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.019931 second(s), 16 queries .

To Top