SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: Feanyar

Thoughts on SH game-design decisions [Copy link]

Post time 2015-3-1 12:39:02 |Show all posts
Raid boss might not be ideal right now, but there's potential. If they fixed it up, it would be the ideal event to compliment island events

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-3-1 20:38:53 |Show all posts
Raid boss might not be ideal right now, but there's potential. If they fixed it up, it would be the ideal event to compliment island events

I agree. There's nothing wrong with the concepts, but they need to tweak them a bit so they can be better for everyone, along with many balance changes.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-3-2 09:11:38 |Show all posts
Spira replied at 2015-3-1 20:38
I agree. There's nothing wrong with the concepts, but they need to tweak them a bit so they can be  ...

Well, raids are fine for lower/midlvls. Some tweaks for highlvls might be worth it. Like... 2x shards for a purple ERB?

And island needs severe fixing since its mostly useless (even outright bad to even try) for low/midlvls. At least xp should be removed/reduced and SC drops added.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-3-2 23:14:59 |Show all posts
Just adding my $0.02 (and because spicy won't let me use Search until I make at least one post): I, too, cannot seem to find enough raid bosses to get full equips. Though I agree that the island events aren't so hot either, what with the massive XP and all, but at least if I save up my hope during raid event weeks I might be able to get gold equips from the island.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-3-7 05:30:24 |Show all posts
Well, since the raidevent vs island event has come to an agreement (we agree not to agree ), I'd like to put this thread back towards its original intent: Asking SH about rather confusing/irritating design choices.

Another point that has been confusing me is: Why do the island events (at least the revenge islands - not sure about regular ones) only spawn fireraids? Except for the event-UR raids of course... but isnt that a bit... weird?

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-3-7 06:45:11 |Show all posts
Feanyar replied at 2015-3-7 05:30
Well, since the raidevent vs island event has come to an agreement (we agree not to agree ), I'd l ...

I've had plenty of non-fire raid bosses. There is a lot of fire SR's though, that might sway your samples

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-3-7 06:58:03 |Show all posts
Feanyar replied at 2015-3-7 05:30
Well, since the raidevent vs island event has come to an agreement (we agree not to agree ), I'd l ...
Another point that has been confusing me is: Why do the island events (at least the revenge islands - not sure about regular ones) only spawn fireraids?

If you go back far enough, Island events use to spawn raids of the element we were fighting. At some point, they forgot to change it, forgot how to change it or just don't have the time. It's been stuck on Fire Boss only since.

To make matters worse, the Arena shop has UR's, the card of the month and Super Rare Fire cards!

Seems Spicy Horse wants to make sure everyone has fire SR's.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-3-7 07:25:59 |Show all posts
Sanz of Time replied at 2015-3-7 06:45
I've had plenty of non-fire raid bosses. There is a lot of fire SR's though, that might sway your  ...

Nope, raids spawned from event island spawn only fireraids (R3+R4) - with the exception of the event URs during revenge island.
Seeing so many fireraids during the events made me suspicious and I spawned a "few" raids with an alt there:
27 total raids spawned
2 event URs (1 sabnac, 1 CQ)
9 fire SR
16 fire R3

As Laser said, its kinda weird. I didnt mention the fire-SR-only in arenashop since I doubted the use of SR in the shop as such - but yes: Its a weird decision. Even if you decide to put SRs in the shop for the same honor as URs (= newbie-trap), why only fire?
And why make island events only spawn fire SRs? A rolling rotation as it was way back - or just complete random - would make much more sense.

I'd love to see some statements from SH regarding those issues. Maybe someone capable of speaking chinese might be able to get into contact with the "mysterious guy" and give us some answers? *glances at Flight*

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-3-8 05:57:56 |Show all posts
He's a liquid supremacist, that's why only SR's are fire, cause all the UR's released are liquid so there's a clear hierarchy.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-15 23:10:20 |Show all posts
As a guy with tons of business and marketing studies I can't agree more, the motivational model of this game is not even bad, it just doesn't even exists.
The only thing that keeps me playing is waiting for an improvement, and 'cause I have a RL Friend playing with me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-8-26 00:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016429 second(s), 8 queries .

To Top