Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 2888|Reply: 30

New Event Island - Equipment Event [Copy link]

Post time 2015-4-3 19:54:00 |Show all posts
Edited by Belzial at 2015-4-3 20:08

Intro

I actually really like how the event island functions at the moment. It's cool to be able to farm augment materials if you don't want the event card, and if you do, it's great to be able to stock up on face shards as you progress.

However, I also really miss raid events, and the 75K EP equipment. There seemed to have been lots of these around when I first joined the game; now I could actually obtain them, they don't exist. I also miss the shard farming from raid events.

I also feel like recently there is little to distinguish between event disciples. The last 3 Earth I remember for example, are Stony Alkonost, Gorgon Queen (revenge) and now the Hell Bunny. All ranged, all focused more on utility than straight dps, all with cover fire. Back to back, gorgon and bunny both also share rock storm, and earth attune. My point, from a payers perspective, is that while I could have used 2 of these, no way would all 3 be used in my team, it's wasteful, and while they might be good cards, they dont work as 3/4 of a team. Similarly, from a free player perspective, participation is limited because 4/8 on 3 similar cards is even more useless.

I therefore think bringing back obtainable equipment would improve player morale, and participation in these events. Further, there seems to be a shortage of strong r4 equipment available at the moment. more so since shop shards take precedence over very expensive gear shards.

Actual Idea

As a direct result of this, I'd like to suggest and request, an Equipment Event. Do one as a try, if it's profitable and successful, maybe consider giving us more of them, once a month or something. My idea is that this should be an Island. EP rewards are shards, with 1 item completed at the usually 75k, a 2nd at 200k (the top threshhold for face shards in the Bunny and Gorgon event) and a 3rd at 300k or 350k. And of course an advantage item, at the normal 5000gold. The rank rewards should be simple - something like the normal amounts of DB, + a small amount of mutilation and bash.

This gives something for players all the way across the spending spectrum, from 'freebie' to 'whale'. I also suggest that while it would lead to less of a race for the top positions:
1) island event scores are dropping anyway  
2) the average score would be higher
3) more payers will want the equipment
4) more people will feel safe going for higher EP, because the rewards they really want aren't based on rank.

Conclusion+ TLR

An event island with advantage equipment, and 3 items in the EP rewards would be beneficial for players and the company.
Players who read, please give feedback, even if its as small as '+1' or 'no'. If SH can't see that people are genuinely interested, ideas won't get implemented, and nothing will change. Thanks for your time. *EDIT: shikao helpfully reminded me of the min. character limit so it might have to be a little longer than +1, sorry*
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that they can be beaten"

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-3 19:59:26 |Show all posts
Just '+1' won't work, because the post would be too short, but if I rumble about minimum char limit of post, then I will definitely get over it

+1

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-3 20:00:15 |Show all posts
you've made a good point Belzial so + for this idea

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-3 20:13:45 |Show all posts
Looks like a good idea

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-3 20:24:34 |Show all posts
Well worth trying even just for "novelty" value that breaks up the repetitive nature of events.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-3 23:32:32 |Show all posts
I love the idea of an equipment island,but what I would like to see is that in every event island they put atleast one x5 shards of an previous equipment at let's say the 50,000 ep mark like how they gives us 40gold at 27,000ep mark at every event so that we can continuously build on old equipments.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-4 00:02:40 |Show all posts
+1 .  issue is, SH will read it and say (if anything) "I will talk to the team to see what they think" .. .and that will be the end of it.

I am in the exact same boat as you.. now I can do the 75k ep and farming.. those event islands/types for equipment shards no longer exist.  You know how many R4 equips I have after playing 7 months?

... 1

You know when I got it?  Halloween event (pumpkin helm), because I was able to farm the low level event islands for the week to barely get the completed equipment.  It was great.  

Now... I have nothing to look forward to.  Want an R4 item? Cough up 5k gold.  Period.  Move along.

And the drop rate on R4 shards from hell forge are insulting.  I have been farming it so much over the months.. I think I might have 12/30 of one of them.  So in about another year I can expect to have an R4 completed from Hell Forge ... bit much don't you think?

For the grace of all that is holy and just in the world.. please SH, acknowledge this post and start mixing it back into the rotation of events to some degree.

Thanks...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-4 00:35:27 |Show all posts
Hello, +1 for idea.
I finally balanced my deck with my current raid tier and event raid are been cancelled : )
Not sure what to say, i'm not experienced, since my first and currently last island event was octochop. But I would surely spend my time with EP mark equip shard reward rather than EP rank uncertain reward.
I also agree with stunner400 because 1 single equip from the shop cannot be more expensive than 8x UR, that is just not a good investment for me.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-4 07:22:10 |Show all posts
i like the idea.. but I would throw in a card as ranking reward so that newer players have another chance to get a UR from event.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-4 08:12:46 |Show all posts
YUP +++++++++++1 to  Equipment Island event for sure (Erb with a giant axe running around could be fun too!) (JK)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2020-8-13 20:07 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.018315 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top