SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1583|Reply: 10

Events - What's going on? :S [Copy link]

Post time 2015-4-16 17:53:52 |Show all posts
Edited by Belzial at 2015-4-16 12:08

Pretty much what it says on the packet. We see that SH are in need of funds, are working on guilds, and have planned a series of Revenge events. All of these could have been absolutely fine. But for some reason, from what I can see events are being mutated and becoming highly undesirable; for many pay players its now fork out 5k gold for the item, then walk away.

To be fair, I'd like this to be balanced
Pros:
SH did respond to demand for a fire card, and launched a Nestorats Event
SH did respond to demand for variety, and resurrected the Raid Event Tournament.
The expensive advantage items have displayed power creep and been desirable.EDIT: Just checked out Event Island - I actually think its super cool that there is a seperate Leaderboard awarding DB, and card shards. Good move Spicy!

Cons:
The fire event was for an old card, that is outdated, and was further degraded due to the release of Flaming Mo - a MUCH stronger version of the card - for 0$, in the shop at the cheapest cost.
The Raid Event Tournament is for WWWB, a card that is now on its 3rd showing, where all other Arena URs have yet to return even once. It is guessed WWWB has now been removed from IM shop
The obtainable items from Events that came from participation have disappeared.
The Raid Event Tournament no longer drops Equipment shards
The Raid Event Tournament doesn't drop Face Shards for augment, or any real participation rewards at all

Results:
Event EP is falling
Event Participation is falling
People who actually need these cards are getting them for cheap, but seems hard to believe SH are making much profit from it compared to the 'good' events. It's far less even than the novelty Hell Bunny offering.
More forum threads and comments are popping up about disatisfaction, about the lack of equipment, and the difficult to understand decisions of SH.
The Raid Event Tournament seems to mock the requests of the people that asked for the format - very few cards would have been as bad, and it only rubs salt into the wound for those upset by 1) the pay2own model of items that exists at the moment and 2) those waiting for any of the other Arena UR to become available to them.
And of course this week even the Advantage Equipment provides Elemental Defence rather than Attack (tagged this on the end cause I'm well aware people might want it on fire cards to maximise the elemental advantage etc etc, but its still big change from when the item was neutral or designed to utterly destroy the Raid Boss.

I for one really can't understand it. I'm beginning to think SH actually want us to clear existing gold and then cease investing in the game. It's beginning to look like they want our gold only in 5k lumps, rather than steady investments across all areas of play. I find it mind boggling, disappointing, and really kinda sad

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that they can be beaten"

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-16 18:13:44 |Show all posts
Edited by garzos at 2015-4-17 17:00

i wish that they gave us a schedule on their next few events

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-16 18:42:56 |Show all posts
garzos replied at 2015-4-16 10:13
i wish that they gave us a shedule on their next few events so i know when i can take a break from t ...

I already asked for that was told it wouldn't ever happen as they are often 'off the cuff'

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-16 19:26:21 |Show all posts
A previous equipment as raid boss drop wouldn't have hurt...but instead we got not nothing

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-16 19:36:04 |Show all posts
stunner400 replied at 2015-4-16 11:26
A previous equipment as raid boss drop wouldn't have hurt...but instead we got not nothing

would have been great! they cost a fortune in the shops for the ones we can get, and many are still n/a currently.

An old equipment would outvalue WWWB based on IM pricing~

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-16 19:36:10 |Show all posts
they essentially have next to no resources for this game as they are focusing on CoD.  Imho, any spare resources available for this game are being put into finishing off the guilds addition.

So... as Flight said.. hopefully we see guilds by end of month and it gives this game a jolt of life and they can put that minimal resource back into events/cards/shards moving forward.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-16 20:32:41 |Show all posts
Igor Cards but cant find them. I got the ingame mail about 2  and tok those but they are not in my inventory

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-16 20:41:58 |Show all posts
Gurgla replied at 2015-4-16 12:32
Igor Cards but cant find them. I got the ingame mail about 2  and tok those but they are not in my i ...

Sounds like you got shards, not cards. You can only get 1 card from event so far - the rest come from the raid event results in a weeks time.

Also, this thread is for discussing the quality of events recently. if you have problems with bugs or errors, you mgight prefer to send a ticket to support instead

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-17 17:56:06 |Show all posts
I second pretty much everything here Belz! I try and try but I fail to understand the game-design choices made by SH. If this continues I forsee a bleak future for TheGate with further dropping user-numbers. And that would be really sad.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-18 07:36:35 |Show all posts
the thing is - they have a premium product which players are prepared to pay for - some players actually have spent thousands... yet they dont seem to listen to the players about what they want... and as such player numbers are dwindling.. as can be seen in arena event and ep results from event island. Surely it doesn't take much resource to actually have someone skimming through these forums and pick out the overwhelmingly obvious requests from the players that are paying their wages and actually follow through with some of them.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-12-9 03:28 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016650 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top