SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1733|Reply: 22

Standalone app? [Copy link]

Post time 2015-4-27 19:50:14 |Show all posts
Hello!

Have Spicy thought about having a downloadable standalone app to run the game?

I had made a search on my friend google to know more about the Unity support removal from Chrome. I end up on the Unity Forum where i saw this article about the future of gaming with Unity and made me think about The Gate future if all other browers stop supporting NPAPI like Chrome did.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 08:43:25 |Show all posts
Our agreement with DeNA forbids us from doing this with the same server/game that's connected to the game they publish on mobile. What I did manage to negotiate (some months ago) is having the ability to push a stand-alone PC version to Steam. We are days away from being able to launch that, but keep in mind it's a completely new server. Again, due to restrictions placed on us by the agreement with DeNA, we cannot connect the new server to the old one, and we *really* cannot transfer old players/accounts to the new server.

So... new server + stand alone game... yes. Coming to Steam, probably before end of this week.

To go with the point I made in another thread about size of audience dictating pricing, brackets, etc, you might also note that the Steam version of the game is going to launch with a pricing structure that's different from what's offered in the mobile version.

I point out these differences because I don't want you guys going nuts and raging against Spicy without understanding the legal/contractual situation that's driven the decision-making.

If you really like The Gate, and you want to put your full support behind Spicy Horse, then I would highly recommend playing the Steam version. We don't share revenue from that platform with anyone (except Valve), and so when you spend money there, you are more directly supporting the ongoing development and maintenance of the game.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 08:48:10 |Show all posts
i'd like to play a steam version of thegate, with all new player becoming from lv1, that's right?

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 08:53:56 |Show all posts
SirKenzo replied at 2015-4-28 08:48
i'd like to play a steam version of thegate, with all new player becoming from lv1, that's right?

That's the point of a new server. Everyone starts from scratch, at Level 1, on the day the server is launched.

When we hit the "launch" button I'll be sure to post here, on Facebook, and everywhere else it makes sense.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 11:49:44 |Show all posts
tokay replied at 2015-4-28 08:43
Our agreement with DeNA forbids us from doing this with the same server/game that's connected to the ...

Thanks for warning us about the new pricing system, though I'm sure there will still be some pitchforks. I, for one, welcome our new Steam overlords.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 13:00:16 |Show all posts
Can we play with steam on galaxy note 3 ? I have steam on laptup but on mobile ?

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 13:04:16 |Show all posts
voeuxpieux replied at 2015-4-28 13:00
Can we play with steam on galaxy note 3 ? I have steam on laptup but on mobile ?

No. Steam is a game platform for PC, Mac, Linux.

This is a stand-alone PC client version. NOT a mobile version.

There will also NOT be a Mac or Linux (or ToasterApp 2000) version.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 13:49:19 |Show all posts
I'm probably going to stick to android for now, but I admit I'm intrigued by the idea of everyone starting at ground zero on a new server. Thanks for the transparency about the pricing too. Now if a windows phone could run full windows and steam I would be completely sold on switching over from Android. Or of course a steam phone. But I can only dream at this point.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 14:00:29 |Show all posts
I just wish there were more apps for my ToasterApp 2000. I get kinda bored just making toast with my toaster. I really thought I'd be playing more games on it.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 17:12:11 |Show all posts
how will cards be handles on that new server? for example some cards are never return?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2020-4-9 02:05 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.017773 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top