SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: Spira

Standalone app? [Copy link]

Post time 2015-4-28 17:13:49 |Show all posts
tokay replied at 2015-4-28 08:43
Our agreement with DeNA forbids us from doing this with the same server/game that's connected to the ...

"due to restrictions placed on us by the agreement with DeNA, we cannot connect the new server to the old one, and we *really* cannot transfer old players/accounts to the new server."

Can we get a compensation like convert all soul coin, gold, xp cards and mons cards excluding skills level to new server?
Now seems Unity Player on PC browsers (ie, firefox, chrome) would get shutted down suddenly.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 17:19:12 |Show all posts
Nope, we absolutely and 100% cannot in any way shape or form be seen to be taking players away from the old server and onto the new server or face the possibility of some nasty legal action.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 18:02:48 |Show all posts
just try it on steam, but unfortuately the arena monthly card is following the latest version we're playing on old platform, thus ppl who want to get back those older cards like Chary and Cerberus is impossible.
The first two card you get is Nero (with a free evolve card) and healer fire Lili
Ok, those are acceptable.

The only thing that impress me is World Boss's strength is totally rigged by system that is active now with 50, 000, 000, 000 hp, for new server

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 18:26:01 |Show all posts
This is great, and (i would guess) a welcome step forward for the company Congratulations.
I made an account, hoping the arena monthly resets back to the good old stuff (which I missed due to being a young player)

The gold transfer thing is very sad/annoying though. I completely 1000% understand what has been said by both FlightTribe, and Tokay, about DeNA (the universe boss).

But bringing out a new server, that can be cheaper for players because it's more profitable for Spicy, at the same time as announcing that dwindling Players mean that events on the existing server are likely to be more expensive? (Source sample: The amount of rewards given during an event, brackets for rewards, and cost of advantage equipment - among other things - are mainly a function of *supply and demand in the market.*)

That sounds to me more than a little like it would have the effect of taking players away from the old server. I certainly know which I'd prefer to be playing on, and I think the move will be easy for people that haven't got high royalty yet, or some of those really desirable (i.e. Carnal and other expensive events).

I'd like to add, I'm not having a moan, so much as hoping to see some kind of solution to my inner quandary. Steam seems a great move for Spicy, and a game i like and wish to support when I can. But I can't afford to run two competitive accounts, and I've already recently invested in a decent stockpile over gold over on Kong. Though seems that just got devalued... a lot. All seems rather unfortunate.

decisions decisions decisions

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 18:39:35 |Show all posts
But bringing out a new server, that can be cheaper for players because it's more profitable for Spicy, at the same time as announcing that dwindling Players mean that events on the existing server are likely to be more expensive? (Source sample: The amount of rewards given during an event, brackets for rewards, and cost of advantage equipment - among other things - are mainly a function of *supply and demand in the market.*)

Very difficult to predict the future of The Gate on existing platforms (mobile, Facebook, etc) - since we still have a new major feature being released soon... and smaller updates planned for the foreseeable future. Guilds could properly revive The Gate... Then again, nothing lasts forever. How much longer before this game (or any game for that matter) drops to an unsustainable level of players? Again, hard to say.

At this point, we have no idea how the game will do on Steam. Could totally flop.

Best to just wait and see.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 18:45:22 |Show all posts
Gutting... year too late for me. Too much invested here now   also one of the big things about this game is the ability to take it anywhere, long car journeys, the toilet, getting your nails done, the sister-in-laws bedroom... *cough cough cough*..anyway. Gutting as i said.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 19:00:47 |Show all posts
tokay replied at 2015-4-28 10:39
Very difficult to predict the future of The Gate on existing platforms (mobile, Facebook, etc) - s ...

Thanks That seems reasonable. I see a decent amount of people waiting on guilds to decide their future in the gate.

@webby, gutting is true, and probably too late for me as well. Will play steam for free though at least

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 19:17:24 |Show all posts
Well at least there is some alternative for the game with the steam possibility.
I will check the steam version as well. Keep us informed about the launch

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 19:19:36 |Show all posts
Spira replied at 2015-4-28 18:17
Well at least there is some alternative for the game with the steam possibility.
I will check the st ...

I think its launched heheh ;)

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-4-28 23:58:28 |Show all posts
Sir Blue replied at 2015-4-28 18:02
just try it on steam, but unfortuately the arena monthly card is following the latest version we're  ...

I thought that was hilarious, by the time the boss escaped, he must have had 49,999,998,999

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2020-4-3 10:28 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016555 second(s), 8 queries .

To Top