Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1999|Reply: 19

Daily Arena with Challenge Constraints [Copy link]

Post time 2015-5-13 21:01:33 |Show all posts
Edited by Belzial at 2015-5-13 14:44

Wish: Daily Arena with Challenge Constraints

Explanation: With stronger and stronger cards coming out, the lesser strength cards become nothing more than feeders to the stronger cards.  By having challenge constraints on an arena, all cards can have value.  A challenge constraint would be something like Monday: R3 cards only, Tuesday: 1 SR, 0 UR only, Wednesday: SR,R3 only, Thursday: 1 UR, Friday: 2 UR, etc.  

Reasons:  Many of the cards have valuable stats and skills, but are seriously outweighed by the new stronger cards.  The main story of the game includes R3 and SR, but they are too weak to compete currently in Arena and Mare.  By having a limited competition, there will be a place where they have value.  
As for the all important revenue, the more sets of cards that players collect and upgrade the more revenue for SH.  Why waste time and money on a SR or R3, if you can spend it on the new more powerful UR?  Why not spend money on both?  Also with that many cards, players will have to spend more gold to increase their deck capacity.  
Edit: It will also allow new players (with lesser cards) to compete at the highest levels, although only for a couple of days each week.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-13 21:42:54 |Show all posts

temp

ecnelutalf replied at 2015-5-13 21:01
Wish: Daily Arena with Challenge Constraints

Explanation: With stronger and stronger cards coming o ...

Personally, I wouldn't like this for a couple reasons. Firstly because I feed all of my R3's and I'm out of crystal summons, so I wouldn't be able to compete on those days for a couple weeks, and secondly because it all takes up room. I'm trying to build UR teams and with  42/65 slots, I need to pick who I have in my deck. Imagine having a tier 2, 1, and 0 card for a disciple, you're one card away from evolving that all to a tier 3. Well it only takes up 3 slots right? Well if you're doing that for each element and somehow manage it, you would need 48 slots (4(disciples to a team)*3(tier2,1,0)*4(elements)) just to house all of those.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-13 21:53:38 |Show all posts
Sanz of Time replied at 2015-5-13 13:42
Personally, I wouldn't like this for a couple reasons. Firstly because I feed all of my R3's and I ...

I think it would have to be an additional, rather than replacement, feature

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-13 22:26:34 |Show all posts
Sanz of Time replied at 2015-5-13 21:42
Personally, I wouldn't like this for a couple reasons. Firstly because I feed all of my R3's and I ...

You still have the option to purchase more card slots for gold.  It does get expensive as you get more, but it isn't unfeasible.  SH may want to discount the cost for additional deck space if something like this is implemented.  

You can also selectively collect cards to limit deck space.  The scenario you laid out above is highly unlikely.  You can collect every available R3 and SR with only 43 card slots if you do it wisely.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-13 23:05:19 |Show all posts
i agree with belzial says but i can't take this idea serious
i rather have them focus on stuff everyone wants like guilds and not some feature like this that will only gladly be accepted by few

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-13 23:26:10 |Show all posts
I've seen too many games shut down because the focus was on creating bigger and better cards for the die-hards and not focusing on attracting new players.  

You are right that this isn't for everyone, but it provides enough incentive for the newbies to want to play without immediately getting crushed.  
Guilds and some of the other features aren't for everyone either, only those that have been playing long enough to benefit from them.  

There needs to be a balance between new player acquisition and current player retention or the revenue stream will die and so will the game.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-14 06:20:53 |Show all posts
hoppopoe replied at 2015-5-13 12:47
I think a way of attracting new players would be a UR "lottery". Instead of everyone getting a full  ...

I think FA is a GREAT beginner card cause she has basic skills set that allows beginner to play most areas of the game (Arena, IM especially).... other URs won't offer this same approach...

The options of multiple disciples (Liquid, wind etc.) is available for all beginner with the Arena Monthly UR

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-14 07:57:53 |Show all posts
Edited by stunner400 at 2015-5-14 07:58

I believe what's important  is to replace the daily milestone rewards with gold ,UR or equipment  shards anything else is better than SR ,Its like 700 days for 1 Nero glint flesh...... all that is for me is a feeder when I reach there (useless milestone for both beginners and pros).

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-14 13:29:08 |Show all posts
So as to the original idea I personally think it's terrible. I'm blunt so I won't sugar coat it. It's bad bc of deck space, bad bc  it would also involve players limited gold which are already spread pretty thin between arena, events, gear, dB, shard finding etc. It's bad because it seems pointless in a card game to reward people for collecting bad cards in a collectible card game.

Next point mentions giving new players a random ur other than FA. This is also not a favorite of mine. Unless the choices are FA, Charybdis and Cerberus, or some other cards in forgetting that has fear and either demonic sanctuary or invincibility(that's not Gorgon Queen) it would be worse than  FA. That's how good she is for IM and arena.

The third thing I noticed mentioned was the chime in to "Give us trades!". It's been said before a million times, but SH has already stated that's not happening and in all likelihood never will. Thank god. Trading has killed many games like TG, by encouraging multi accounting(like hundreds not 3), by causing fans to create black markets for resources like rood,  bs and hope(which really hurt the developers) and by encouraging the multi account people to bot in order to make money on said black market. No one bothered to respond bc SH has already mercifully told those people asking for it to stop asking.

The final idea of fixing the Sr cards at high login streaks is onto something. A reasonable request that makes sense for everyone and would be incredibly easy to implement. They could make the rewards bags of soul coins and they would be worth more than a King Purson or Nero.  

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-5-18 21:43:18 |Show all posts
Edited by DivRoad at 2015-5-18 21:46

Isn't the point of a "card collecting" game to collect cards?  Not just top 5 or 6 cards, but all cards?  

This idea makes all cards useful, not just the strong cards.

People don't like because they need to buy more card slots or doesn't fit the way they currently play.  Sounds like whining to me and not constructive.  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2020-8-11 09:43 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.021067 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top