Search
Author: Cassielle

Player Feedback Needed! Difficulty, Karma, Balance   [Copy link]

Post time 2013-1-17 23:21:27 |Show all posts
Edited by Anczi at 2013-1-17 23:40

I play akaneiro for week

1)We have good balance, but skills need buffs or nerfs

2)I think that getting karma is bit too slow
I started game with cunningly, completed begining areas and had lvl 4, full equipment, bought only ninja escape and i had no karma
I dont like gring so after doing same level 3-4 times i have enough

3)I dont buy anything in shop, i dont like items in shop and after finishing missions i have lots of items

4)Well light armor and heavy armor are useless so medium is best choice
When we have chi mend we dont need heavy armor(regen is too slow)
And we dont need speed anytime, it just too useless
So only stat which we need is energy regen because it let us use skills
The same is with dueling, dual is better(more dmg), but when i first time have taken two handed weapon it was just overpowered

5)Skill and bonus need BIG rebalance
Part of skills dont improve in way that they should
Great idea would be details about skills because we dont have any informations about skills in-game
Other thing should be level skill scalling so skill should deal more damage with character level-up or stat upgrade

Classes - I will say few word about class balance
Cunningly - light armor, dueling, steady shot - this character suck so hard, it have USELESS bonus
Powerres - heavy armor, dual weapons, rain of blows - not bad but heavy armor have VERY weak bonus
Fortitude - medium armor, two-handed - best and easiest character for begining, energy regeneration, weapon with dmg and area effect and iron thornes. It make begining VERY EASY, or easier than with other

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-17 23:39:51 |Show all posts
You can pick medium armor, 2 handed + Chi Medi and Seeing Red for any hero - so there is no difference who you gonna pick. I have found that the best way is to get Prowess, large 2-handed mallet and medium armor + Chi Medi spam.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-17 23:43:39 |Show all posts
I know but I was thinking about begining
Buying things that you listed cost 2000 shards or more and this cost is jut too hight at beginig
I started game after patch with cunninlgy it was hard, but when i started again with fortitude it was very easy

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-18 01:26:47 |Show all posts
Edited by Somnia at 2013-1-18 01:48

Cunning's problem is that it has no good AOE option. The entire playstyle is just outclassed by prowess. Why play cunning and rely on single target critical chance when I can play prowess and one shot everything aoe?

Cunning and it's entire ability set needs to be looked at. The only useful skill they have is Ninja Escape, and thats because everyone can make use of it to stunlock the entire screen. I would start by giving Cunning some type of ranged AOE, or reduce to energy cost of their arrow shots.
Fortitude could really use longer buff durations. At least ten seconds. In addition, their skills could increase their stats more. Skin of Stone I gives 1% damage reduction. For the energy cost and how short it is, there is absolutely no point into using it. Fortitude is very clunky right now and heavily reliant on medium armor because of how much they need to spam buffs.

Prowess is closest to being balanced, but Seeing Red is far too strong. I play my Prowess character with only Rain of Blows, Seeing Red, and Ninja Escape. I do not have any other abilities purchased but Chi Mend, and I am close to being to the fifth map within only a few hours of play. I am able to lockdown the entire screen and kill every monster at the same time with only two attacks.  The only challenge in the game are the ranged monsters that hit too hard, and that's just assuming they get a chance to attack me. It is a very broken build, especially while using a spirit helper and food. Almost every non-boss will die in a single attack.

Light Armor bonus is currently not very good. We kite fast enough to evade everything without any additional movement speed. Cunning is very energy reliant, so they are forced to go Medium Armor. Every character in the game is forced to go Medium Armor. I would change Light Armor Mastery to reduce energy cost of skills, this will make players think twice about defaulting to Medium.

Heavy Armor bonus is also not very good, again there is currently no reason to use any armor other than Medium. To fit the "tank" theme of Fortitude, I would change the health regen bonus to either A) Chance to Stun Attackers when the character is hit or B) Absorb Life from attackers when the character is hit (100% chance, scaled as mastery increases), or lastly C) Increases damage reduction for each piece equipped (1% per armor for each level). While still not as good as light or medium armor, I feel like this is a very powerful alternative at late game that will be a great option for fortitude characters who would like to increase their defenses more.

In regards to karma, I can say that right now the karma gain is close to where it should be. DO NOT INCREASE KARMA GAIN. It is still very easy and fast to get to the last map, this entire game can be cleared in just one day without buying karma. Though it maybe due to my build being too powerful (Pure Prowess, Rain of Blows, Seeing Red, Ninja Escape with Dog spirit helper). I feel that the game as it is now is slow enough to where casual players can progress at a good pace, while still considering karma payments. Hardcore players can still easily burn through the game without spending a dime, but slowing down the karma gain too much more will hurt the casuals and possibly turn them away from unlocking the second map.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-18 02:24:57 |Show all posts
Which boss? All the bosses I think of hit harder than any other monster barring throwers, but those are broken anyways.

All the boss, btw why that big Amano things hit so hard ? i have 1k1 HP and the monster hit 1k2 HP . Sry but i can't even touch them cause they go a freaking group.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-18 05:11:16 |Show all posts
Edited by Psirynn at 2013-1-18 05:43

I almost always play rogueish characters in games like this, so I initially went Cunning. Made it to the second area before I deleted out of frustration. As someone else mentioned, the entire class, what it is, and how it works needs to be examined. In theory, it's great: struggle through the waves of normal enemies, and in exchange specialize in taking down bosses. But bosses are immune to stun, so two of their most useful skills are rendered near-useless. Their DoT is very weak. Caltrops' slow is less than amazing, and the damage might as well not even be there it's so low. The speed difference between Light armor and Medium/Heavy is negligible, which means they don't have time to power up Stunning Shot before the enemy catches them(at least not against bosses). Stunning Shot itself does acceptable damage, but it's not great, and costs several times as much energy as it seems it should, especially when compared to the cost of many Red skills. And since skills can't get crits (and probably shouldn't, considering how high a few of them hit as it is), and they have neither the damage output nor survivability to just run up to a boss and stab it to death, that's essentially a useless stat for them. So we end up with a class that has no real positives and absolutely -tons- of negatives.
I don't mind them not having AoE or CC capabilities, but ONLY if they've got enough positives to make up for it. If you can't figure out a way to do that (maybe give them evasion, or greatly improve their moving/attacking speed, or allow specific skills to get crits), I'd suggest giving up on that idea and going with something completely different, say a buffing or pure DPS or CC class. Otherwise, no one will go Cunning unless they're masochists.
EDIT: Oh, and please improve light armor's buff! If the difference was more dramatic, movement speed could work, but it would still probably need more than that, especially if skills will continue to not have crits and/or Cunning will continue to be a crit-heavy build. This would be an excellent place to work in chance to dodge, or reduced energy cost, or bleed chance, or maybe even something really weird like "chance to teleport/stun/blind when hit" (they are ninjas, after all). In a game like this, every equipment type should have enough pros and cons that it makes a player seriously consider which one to specialize in.

I disagree that Chi Mend is useless, by the way. Yeah, in the heat of battle, it quickly becomes far too weak to keep up with the damage you're taking. But it allows for healing outside of battle, which you otherwise may not get a whole lot of. It's nice being able to go ahead and loot stuff instead of having to save it for healing, making missions take a whole lot longer than they should.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-18 11:51:13 |Show all posts
You mean "Chi Prayer" - slowly regenerateion over time. Right? It would be fine as extra buff with 60 second duration + 15 seconds for additional level of skill.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-18 20:42:20 |Show all posts
At the two first areas the difficulty is alright. But in the 3rd, the little round things with legs does 402 in one hit. I am essentially Cunning, so I have low health. They hit me twice and I'm dead even if I am level 8 (the recommended level of the map).
So I find the global difficulty okay, it's just little things that have to be fixed.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-18 21:27:40 |Show all posts
MasterLotus replied at 2013-1-18 11:51
You mean "Chi Prayer" - slowly regenerateion over time. Right? It would be fine as extra buff with 6 ...

No, I mean Chi Mend Opens up at level 3, I believe? Heals one large chunk (300-something, if I remember correctly). Saw someone mention it earlier.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-18 21:33:53 |Show all posts
At the two first areas the difficulty is alright. But in the 3rd, the little round things with legs does 402 in one hit. I am essentially Cunning, so I have low health. They hit me twice and I'm dead even if I am level 8 (the recommended level of the map).
So I find the global difficulty okay, it's just little things that have to be fixed.

Me 2, Lol i'll end testing this game until they fix that shit out how the hell the boss att me with 400 damage and the big Amano hit me with 1k3 damage ???

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2020-8-8 06:04 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.016358 second(s), 8 queries .

To Top