SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1267|Reply: 9

Lag and other issues [Copy link]

Post time 2013-1-20 06:17:13 |Show all posts
Edited by Kog12 at 2013-1-20 06:35

Is it just me or is there at least a 1 second lag between your weapon hitting something and it taking damage? Even baskets, its very annoying.

Pathing is also not up to scratch. Standing on one side of an obstacle and clicking on the opposite side leads to you getting stuck behind it. Holding right click down and moving always leads to getting snagged on some object..

Sometimes, when returning to town, NPCs arent there, just circles where they should be.
When I level up and click "Next" nothing happens...I have to restart the game.
After playing a couple missions they game starts to act strange and moving items between inventory and character becomes hard and items dont actually click into an inventory space..rather they just float in space in the inventory area.

Allowing us to set keybindings would be great...no compulsory. That and options to remember email/password at login
More than 3 buttons in a set and more detailed info about skills like cost/duration is also good.

This is with the client.
I like the game, just hope these things are fixed.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-28 10:28:38 |Show all posts
I also have serious lag issues, sometimes there are several seconds between clicking/attack animation and effect. This makes the game currently unplayable for me .
I'm in Europe and my internet connection is not perfect at times, but sufficient for most online games, including some hosted in the US. I'm using the client, but had the same issue when I played the game in the browser.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-28 11:12:00 |Show all posts
Buff timers and skill details would be very nice, like cost and duration. Along with visible numbers on our hp / energy bars.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-29 04:26:18 |Show all posts
Here's my experience with lag in the windows game client.

my twitch recording of it

After playing a couple missions they game starts to act strange and moving items between inventory and character becomes hard and items dont actually click into an inventory space..rather they just float in space in the inventory area.

This occurred with my playthrough near the end as well..

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-1 07:05:12 |Show all posts
Edited by ssringo at 2013-2-1 07:06

I also have some lag issues. Downloading patches will sit at a massive 5 kb/s for long stretches of time before jumping to a mere 150-200 kb/s (I can download up 1.5 mb/s). Quite annoying in and of itself, but the in game lag is a dealbreaker for me. I really like the game, but I can't play an always online game if there's noticeable lag in combat.

Beta is beta and all so I'm not writing the game off, but that lag is enough to stop me from pledging on kickstarter due to it being an always online game.

Edit: I do run the launcher as administrator. It does the same thing.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-2 16:02:32 |Show all posts
Also if you get about 15ish or more enemy's on screen at the same time you tend to get rather bad lag.it makes playing maps like map 5 act 2 where its nothing but enemy's swarm very hard to do even with a level 20.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-1 08:33:47 |Show all posts
Edited by chister at 2013-5-1 08:35
karmablack replied at 2013-2-2 16:02
Also if you get about 15ish or more enemy's on screen at the same time you tend to get rather bad la ...

I have the same issue at the Ice stage, act 2 also.  I have a stable cable connection with a decent cpu-i7 with a decent video card ati 7770 series.  I'm running the full client game (500+ mb) one too.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-1 09:46:39 |Show all posts
chister replied at 2013-4-30 20:33
I have the same issue at the Ice stage, act 2 also.  I have a stable cable connection with a decent ...

wat... my laptop with an i5 runs faster than that... do you have any other processes running? check task manager, kill all unneeded processes, perhaps its your connection that might be the problem? stability might not be the issue if you dont have good speed. if you really need help, consider sending a report to zendesk

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-1 09:47:26 |Show all posts
david kay replied at 2013-1-28 16:26
Here's my experience with lag in the windows game client.

my twitch recording of it

your twitch is twitchy

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-5-2 00:42:43 |Show all posts
Area 5, Mission 2 also gives me lag trouble, though my breaking point is usually above 25 enemies on screen. Then when I cast a series of meteors I get disconnected because of the lag.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-16 07:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.015959 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top