SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 3712|Reply: 33

New stat : Dodge [Copy link]

Post time 2013-1-20 07:48:19 |Show all posts
Hello everyone !

With the development team working on the game balancing so the game can be played fairly with any type of character, we've seen that some "classes" are better than others, especially the Prowess with the Cunning type. So I searched a new thing that could compensate the lack of defense plaguing the Cunning build. And by observing the other games I found what it could be, a new Dodge stat.
That stat would be a way for the Cunning "class" to survive in intense combats instead of spamming Ninja Escape (that has been nerfed in the last patch). It could work exactly like the other stats, every "class" would gain some Dodge by leveling up, but the Cunning would obtain more like the Fortitude gain more Defense. It would make a true Ninja/Rogue class, a character that does critical hits, runs fast, and dodges the enemy hits.

What do you think of it ? Do you like this idea ?

SinglePolls, Total 85 Users voted View Voters

Poll is finished

74.12% (63)
25.88% (22)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-20 08:06:06 |Show all posts
BOO!!! seriously... dodge is just stupid, if you are cunning and you are in range of your enemies, there is something very wrong with your playstyle

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-20 08:30:49 |Show all posts
You've put a lot of thought into this, but I have to agree with Biohazard on this one.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-20 09:03:10 |Show all posts
I think that they rather should add some dodge chance to make Skill stat more useful, crit chance for ranged class is not the best solution, but there's no need for next stat.

Or they may just allow the cunning abilities group to have crit chance as now the Skill stat is hardly connected with them.

Cunning defenitely needs to be more powerful, but not by adding new stat.

Use magic Report

Level 6

Eliminate Any Survivors

Post time 2013-1-20 11:19:55 |Show all posts
dodge is great, also I suspects that if that happens, it can be disabled

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-20 11:37:49 |Show all posts
how about this one: dark hunter grants you stealth and you cannot be targeted for the next 5 seconds

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-20 11:44:06 |Show all posts
I'm for the idea of having dodge, honestly.
What I don't understand is "if you are cunning and you are in range of your enemies, there is something very wrong with your playstyle"
Don't go judging others gameplay style, cunning isn't all about staying back, it's about knowing how to go back and fourth, sometimes you get hit, sometimes you're too quick. Dodge would only help. Not everyone likes to run around and spam the 1 button.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-20 12:46:24 |Show all posts
Karnivore replied at 2013-1-19 23:44
I'm for the idea of having dodge, honestly.
What I don't understand is "if you are cunning and you a ...

if you are spamming one button, there is also something wrong with your playstyle... if cunning is played to perfection, you should never be in range of your enemies, close in for the kill only

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-20 14:00:50 |Show all posts
B10H4Z4RD replied at 2013-1-19 23:46
if you are spamming one button, there is also something wrong with your playstyle... if cunning is ...

Oh, I'm sorry, I must be talking to the developer of the cunning class.
I totally forgot there was only one way to play it ;) my bad. obv.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-20 15:24:05 |Show all posts
Karnivore replied at 2013-1-19 22:00
Oh, I'm sorry, I must be talking to the developer of the cunning class.
I totally forgot there was ...

Cunning is the only discipline that has no abilities which are explicitly melee range.  That said, crit % only affects normal attacks, which are always melee.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-21 06:01 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.022530 second(s), 21 queries .

To Top