SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: vir0m

Balance Issues with Guild PvE Bosses [Copy link]

Post time 2015-6-26 03:30:46 |Show all posts
This is one of the occasions where I dont understand SH decisions at all. Not only do I disagree, but the design decision made here is in itself totally confusing...

There are soooo many open issues with guilds at the moment, SH is always pointing out how low they are on manpower / ressources to fix thing and then they go and change what was not broken instead of fixing what was broken? Thats... just... WHY?

Now, what happened here? Guilds (putting the bugs with QVort and Diao aside) has a serious design flaw that was pointed out in forums (and AFAIK by the mods directly towards SH) already:

1) The vast majority of drops from gPvE fights are useless. Sure, some people need the disciple-shards but most of the stuff doesnt do anything at all in the current state of the game. The reason to participate in gPvE fights was already really low for those who dont need chary/gush/thoria etc. shards - now, since they do next to no dmg / run, it trends towards zero. And with the low drop% of shards, it's even questionable for those who do want the shards! Lots of effort for no reward? Thats is whats supposed to be the revitalizing big patch in TheGate we waited almost year(!) for?

If the difficulty (and thus the kills / day) is increased that much, the rewards need to go up. And not in some future patch in months - it's needed now! Otherwise there will be even fewer players left to see the day guilds become useful / meaningful.
Where are the +9 mats? Instant rewards for everyone who participated in a bosskill (shards, +9augment mats via kill-reward mail or directly after the hit) with additional, high-value drops (R4 item shards maybe) that go into auction where people want to bid for them? Where it's worth the effort!

2)
The flaw is that you pick a group of people and form a guild. Those are usually your friends. But instead of cooperating with them to achieve something you compete with them for ranks (=hexi) and mats / shards (auction for hexi). Instead, you would assume, that you cooperate within the guild to get an advantage over other guilds - but nope... Thats counter-intuitive game design.

Now, with the changes, you might argue: Harder raidbosses = more cooperation needed to kill em. This is only partly true, since you dont really cooperate with anyone to achieve your dmg output. You just need to hit more often. That results in more people being included in a single bosskill -> more people in the pool of potential bidders for less overall drops -> hexi costs per item rise extremly -> ranks in kills become even more important for a hexi advantage over your friends(!) -> more competition within the guild.
Adding in, that most "rewards" for a kill that go into auction are absolutly useless currently (exception: shards for some people that own the disciples), the incentive to play within a guild goes next to zero. Broken game design - made even worse with the change!

TL;DR
1)
The difficulty was fine, considering the (overall) low value of the rewards. If you want to up the difficulty and thus the rarity of rewards - the value of the rewards need to match it!

2)
Fix the bugs & design flaws (QVort, Diao Chan, missing +9 augment materials, missing gPvP / guild-raids), before you invest ressources into changing what was fine!
In this case it just created more problems...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-26 04:48:44 |Show all posts
Feanyar replied at 2015-6-26 03:30
This is one of the occasions where I dont understand SH decisions at all. Not only do I disagree, bu ...

well written,....sums up the problem myself and other players are facing

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-26 06:58:23 |Show all posts
KingAndrew replied at 2015-6-26 04:48
well written,....sums up the problem myself and other players are facing

Agreed, epic fail for SH!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-26 07:05:06 |Show all posts
Gralcio replied at 2015-6-25 23:25
Honestly, we won't know what's balanced until we see how many mats are needed for a single augment.

I think it gives a good perspective when you look at +9 augment requirements... 50 + 50 of augment mats that are dropped in the (upcoming) Guild PvP fights. Assuming that the rate we can collect those mats is roughly similar to those we can accumulate from Guild PvE, I'd say it'll take couple of YEARS to augment my Befa to +9...

Seriously, this is a design flaw of catastrophic proportions XD I'm glad that they can fix them, tho!

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-26 07:17:26 |Show all posts
Feanyar replied at 2015-6-26 02:30
This is one of the occasions where I dont understand SH decisions at all. Not only do I disagree, bu ...

Yup 150% agree.....If it AIN'T broke don't fix it!....Fix the Hundreds of things on that bug list that everyone has given to you and you nurture so well!
Crazy plan...make the new patch even less interesting than it already is! Put the Guild bosses  back the way they were (fixing Air of course) get on with the broken stuff plz!

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-26 10:46:47 |Show all posts
Boss damage is way to high now. Whatever tuning Spicy did to them with this last update, its way out of balance now. My team, which is just +4s was able to at least survive previously and do a modest amount of dmg. Now, my team gets wiped within a minute or two and I've done barely any damage. Considering that raid boss HP is astronomically high and that even when my team survived the entire time limit I barely budged the overall hp, this new change just seems completely off. Makes guild boss raiding appear to be pointless at the moment.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-26 11:32:53 |Show all posts
Feanyar replied at 2015-6-25 12:30

Well STRUCTURED & COMPOSED RESPONSE... sounds like someone that cares about this GAME...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-26 13:39:38 |Show all posts
you need 4 monster with demon santaury to fight with this new setup. lol

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-26 22:16:38 |Show all posts
After maintenance and start new event from 25/06/2015, PVE Boss become stronger than 2 or 3time i think......My char got pretty good equipment, full devil blood. Max evolve,.......but can not stand for within 3mins...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-6-26 22:20:00 |Show all posts
alfred7 replied at 2015-6-26 13:39
you need 4 monster with demon santaury to fight with this new setup. lol

Even you got 4card with demon santaury skill...you can not kill it. 2 times per days..but PVE boss auto recovery HP is faster than your damage cause.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2020-7-9 09:17 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.018479 second(s), 8 queries .

To Top