Register
Search
View: 1490|Reply: 11

In-game guildchat frustrations that evolved into a long post. [Copy link]

Post time 2015-8-5 23:04:32 |Show all posts
Edited by Aethelred42 at 2015-8-6 13:00

Including our cousins from CoD:

http://spicyworld.spicyhorse.com/social/thread-7898-1-1.html

So, would be lovely if they fixed it. Even if you could just send regular in game mail to everyone in your guild via the guild member interface, it would help. Officers could spam all members. What do you think?

Given that guild chat in game might cause system stresses somewhere what would you all consider a decent minimum for in-game guildchat? Think they could definitely zap world chat if they have to make limits, or could keep world chat at the minimal level it is.

I personally think that making chat endure indefinitely through a specific number of lines would be fine, especially if they allowed officer spam to mailboxes.
Friendship nourished by a fun, common activity is the greatest value in The Gate.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-8-6 00:35:16 |Show all posts
I personally think that making chat endure indefinitely through a specific number of lines would be fine, especially if they allowed officer spam to mailboxes.

This. It would be totally enough. As it is currently, I just assume there is no guild chat.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-8-6 02:13:42 |Show all posts
+1.            

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-8-6 10:45:25 |Show all posts
agreed , a common mode of interaction /communication to all members in guild via a notification broadcast.... NEEDED!

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-8-6 12:31:28 |Show all posts
guild or global chat just make our battery drain faster...

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-8-6 19:35:35 |Show all posts
need an in guild only message  at the least- kinda like guild description box for all to read but only for guildmembers

it is beyond Obvious that guilds need modes of cummunication from the top down- strategy, rules  etc

not catering to this basic guild requisite is just bad design/thinking-  seems none of the devs/program managers has ever played a game with a guild interface by the look of it

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-8-6 19:45:32 |Show all posts
Is it a cultural difference thing? Do Asian people communicate in a fundamentally different way in their MMORPG's and such? I know nothing else than that they tend to play their own games. Maybe the communication culture differences is one reason we are "split up"??

OK OK pretty far fetched... but still, this is one of those aspects in this rather amusing game that shouts out BAD DESIGN!

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-8-6 19:57:39 |Show all posts
they have guild communications built in as well and SH is american owned/managed AFAIK

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-8-7 03:31:16 |Show all posts
Edited by Aethelred42 at 2015-8-6 13:05
Qualan replied at 2015-8-6 04:57
they have guild communications built in as well and SH is american owned/managed AFAIK

It's an American owned, variously funded, Asian designed and developed game. The game design is all done, currently, by Allen, a Chinese national. The entire development team is Chinese with minimal English. It's developed using the Unity3d engine. Customer Support is lead by FlightTribe, who lives in China, but is British, though sometimes it's handled outside of China, especially during certain hours; Rin isn't based there if I recall. Spicy Horse is owned by American McGee who lives in China, a.k.a. Tokay, who gives an initial direction for the game, but is primarily focused on holding things together. I personally like, respect, and appreciate the man. For owning a company, it's frustrating to hear all the ways he has his hands tied by various, necessary, agreements and the realities of a very odd market. Don't flame him. He does what he can. TG is closely tied to DeNA financially, and they have a great deal to say, well, absolute power is more like it, about any monetization decisions. They're also entirely responsibly for user acquisition, i.e. advertising, etc. Many of TG's problems stem from this relationship frustrated by market forces, international monetary trends, Chinese labor law, language issues - being an international company, essentially, without deep pockets would kind of sum it up.

I'll be giving you all an introduction to Allen soon. He's behind design and development currently. Chains of Darkness was his from the start.

So, there you go. Most of this has been public knowledge within parts of the community for a long time, but this is a pretty good summary. Allen's specific role was only recently known to me, but as I said, I'll be talking to him, well, this evening, and give you an introduction along with Belzial as soon as we can.

Use magic Report

Post time 2015-8-7 03:54:25 |Show all posts
Edited by Aethelred42 at 2015-8-6 13:05
Aethelred42 replied at 2015-8-6 12:31
It's an American owned, variously funded, Asian designed and developed game. The game design is al ...

Disclaimer: That information is all from my own, fallible, memory. It comes from the forum, from various tickets, some not my own, some from Larry, who was a friend, and from information from calls with Mr. McGee, FlightTribe, and Allen including what's already been made public, other than a few details that could be inferred. Some is available publicly on the net. Blame me for accuracy, but it's accurate to the best of my knowledge.

This is not a perfect game. It's not a perfect industry. Perfect is a silly word even to say that it isn't. And SH hasn't had a big hit financially that would allow it to have more options financially. Mr. McGee feels a great sense of responsibility to his players, and every SH game ever made is currently playable, even if the development level is down to bug fixes by a couple of developers. He maintains excellent customer support which is to his great credit - many, many small gaming companies do not. We're spoiled, by that at least.

I enjoy the game in its current form and look forward to playing it for awhile longer. There is significant new content not only promised, but coming soon. They all have a lifespan. Well see how long this one can go. It is, so far, the most satisfying one of its type I've found on mobile. I've enjoyed, especially, some of the remarkable people I've met here. I can't stress enough how much being involved in TG-related social media has added to my experience here.

Friendship nourished by a fun, common activity is the greatest value in The Gate.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2020-8-13 20:13 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.021195 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top