SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1386|Reply: 17

So... the Kickstarter was a Success! [Copy link]

Post time 2013-2-3 03:48:11 |Show all posts
Edited by Garland at 2013-2-3 04:27

I don't know exactly when we passed the goal, but with 3 hours left on the clock, we are now at $202k, which is possibly the closest kickstarter success I've ever seen.

What does this mean for the users?
Well, barring the idea that people pull out $2000 in the next 3 hours, and Kickstarter will take their cut of the cash, while sorting through all the payments and rejected credit card payments. But probably more importantly for you guys is that we will be getting  everything promised in the kickstarter, as well as all the items and physical stuff that we paid for, in the following days.

What's the ETA on the new items/areas/snakes?
Pfft, I dunno. I don't work for these guys.
The best I can tell you is that the staff is going to be going through all the orders over the next few days/weeks, finding out everything you paid for, and giving it to you.
As for in-game stuff that isn't linked to a specific user like areas, I believe the ETA one those were something like 2-3 weeks, but don't take my word on that.

But what about the Ouya and other stretch goals?
After all the pushing that we've done over the past few weeks, it's unlikely we'll see the kickstarter value change much over the next 3 hours or so.

So no Ouya? ; -;
Not necessarily. Now that we've met our main goal, Kickstarter will grant Spicy Horse its owed funds. So now that our goal has been met, it's up to the Paypal doners to decide whether we get the Ouya port. We don't know how much this amount totals to, but it's probably safe to assume we'll get word of whether or not we reached the stretch goal very quickly.

And the other region?
Unfortunately, since the listed value we need isn't even listed, it is probably safe to assume the required stretch goal was too high to be plausible. This does not mean we will never get them, just not as fast as some of the other features.
But they're coming, no worries.

If ya' dun know anything, why'd you make this thread?
Good question.
Basically what I want to make clear is that you won't be receiving your items AS SOON AS the kickstarter finishes, since Spicy Horse has to put in the manpower to manually check all the users and what they've bought.
However, it's safe to assume that they're going to begin work on all the kickstarter goals as soon as they get the funds.

TL;DR
Party time!

Use magic Report

Level 7

I am the corruptor of hearts.

Post time 2013-2-3 03:53:47 |Show all posts
Also, they will be sending boxes of very angry bees to those who backed out of the kickstarter.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-3 04:02:07 |Show all posts
DTBIncarnate replied at 2013-2-3 03:53
Also, they will be sending boxes of very angry bees to those who backed out of the kickstarter.

I believe those are snakes, actually.
They're alphatesting them right as we speak.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-3 04:02:20 |Show all posts
They'll send Akane members to hunt them !

Use magic Report

Level 7

Post time 2013-2-3 04:05:26 |Show all posts
Akane members riding snakes that shoot angry bees.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-3 04:12:32 |Show all posts
I wonder how much was pledged and then withdrawn. I just heard they lost some funding along the way. Anyway, I'd kick them hard in the a$$.

Use magic Report

Level 7

Post time 2013-2-3 04:16:26 |Show all posts
New Kickstarter in effect.
Project: AngryBees

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-3 04:25:59 |Show all posts
Added some notes about the Ouya and other stretch goals.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-3 04:32:11 |Show all posts
RedAelf, people backed out over $20.000. If they didn't we would almost reach the ouya goal by now.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-3 04:44:53 |Show all posts
We can still back the dev team with Paypal !

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-12-8 01:00 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.015832 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top