SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 3406|Reply: 26

Would you play Akaneiro if it were B2P? [Copy link]

Post time 2013-2-5 15:22:47 |Show all posts
A simple "what-if." Would you pay (assume one-time only payment, (also assume there was no kickstarter,)) to play Akaneiro?

Maybe a low, flat rate like $5-10?

Just want to hear some thoughts.
SinglePolls, Total 104 Users voted

Poll is finished

23.08% (24)
7.69% (8)
9.62% (10)
59.62% (62)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-5 22:17:16 |Show all posts
Edited by ashatmos at 2013-2-5 15:19

What you are refering to is probably the "Buy-to-play" model, not "pay-to-play" (buy-to-play would be GW2). Anyway, I don't think that the game, as it currently is, is worth investing money into (although I did pledge $40 on Kickstarter, and $5 on my current account). There is a severe lack of content which didn't expand since Open Beta. Also, the game desperately needs co-op multiplayer and crafting system, just something to make it more playable. You cannot just have awesome art style and monetize on that alone, because this is supposed to be A GAME! When you *ding* lvl 20 now you have absolutely nothing to look forward to (except for making another character). Five areas that are currently available do not justify the game as complete; however, I do understand the situation at Spicy Horse and how they need money to keep the lights on, so it is quite reasonable from that point of view to let the game off the leash earlier than it should be.

The only true make-or-break situation for this game will be Steam, and the game MUST NOT ALLOW itself to show its face in its current state on Steam. There should be either more content or some additional feature (multiplayer would be awesome). But then again, there is that Unity 4.0 conversion problem they made a statement about today... Anyway, if its not on launch, they should enhance the game in first week after the launch on Steam.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-5 23:22:22 |Show all posts
Not yet, no.
The game-core may be good, but as soon as you reach level 20 the only thing you can do is repeat the same missions over and over again, for a f2p game, it's nice. But I wouldn't actually pay for it yet.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-5 23:58:58 |Show all posts
Kayuko replied at 2013-2-5 16:22
Not yet, no.
The game-core may be good, but as soon as you reach level 20 the only thing you can do ...

+1

But this is a problem of this kind of games, D3 has the same issue... but it cost 60€ :S

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-6 00:21:11 |Show all posts
ashatmos replied at 2013-2-5 22:17
What you are refering to is probably the "Buy-to-play" model, not "pay-to-play" (buy-to-play would b ...

Thank you for clarifying, will edit.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-6 01:25:26 |Show all posts
I brought diablo 3 for 40$ and i have been dissapointed in the end. So i dont ever trust those BuyToPlay anymore, since they can trick you as well, as "free to play" games.

Right now i see no reasons to pay for this game (i mean Buy To Play system), since there is nothing to do - you can beat it in 2 days and then it becomes a hole of emptyness. Its like Pre Alpha in current state, with less then 10% of content which it should have to be ready for BuyToPlay.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-6 02:32:17 |Show all posts
The fast implementation of multiplayer could really be a life-saver for this game. The thing is, people will have no problem with waiting for new story-related/missions content as long as there is some sort of multiplayer content. For example, a good PvP (announced as "Blackblood PvP Arena" stretch goal on KS) would easily be the favorite pass-time for many people playing Akaneiro until new content arrives, and it should have been the core feature from the begining (even now people lament over Diablo 3 not having PvP). When you have that sort of "pleasant distraction" offered to your customers, it is easy to reap the rewards of your work, as well as keep the community satisfied and spreading the word about a jewel of a game they have been playing recently.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-6 06:33:31 |Show all posts
The poll is pretty telling as it stands.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-6 19:35:59 |Show all posts
i could pay if dungs would be added fast, mean 5-7 dungs per moth at least, its called development, for now game is hard and sometimes boring

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-6 21:31:15 |Show all posts
for me, no

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-11-18 07:01 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.029070 second(s), 21 queries .

To Top