SpicyWorld Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1357|Reply: 3

PLEASE post announcement about new Akaneiro launcher needed! [Copy link]

Post time 2013-2-7 00:37:57 |Show all posts
After my game abruptly stopped connecting yesterday, I assumed there was a massive server problem.  I almost assumed the same this morning.  I had to browse around the forums for a while to find someone who said "You need to download a new launcher from the home page."  I'm trying it now.  Assuming that's true and that it works once it finishes installing... see title of post!

Note that neither the home page nor the forum announcements say any such thing.  At this stage, when the game is on an upswing, I think it's really important to keep communicating well with your userbase, so they don't all end up confused or aggravated and walk away.  I think it would be a very good idea to put one up now, still, which is why I'm noting this

Someone else suggested an RSS feed reader built into the game's loading screen and I think something like that, or even a more simplistic solution, would be a very good idea.

BTW, wasn't the whole point of having that launcher that it could automatically update what it needed to?  At least the old one could have downloaded some kind of stub to say "Hey this isn't going to work - get the new launcher!"  (I do realize how hard it is to make a true installer fully self-updating - I've written installers for my day job.)

Thanks, and hope this doesn't sound too critical. You're mostly doing a great job; it's how you handle the mass of detail after detail that ends up making or breaking games, developers, companies, ones life...

Use magic Report

Level 7

I am the corruptor of hearts.

Post time 2013-2-7 03:06:35 |Show all posts
The launcher they put out first was a very rushed version, they worked as fast as possible to just get a basic one out for players who couldn't use the browser.

They should have announced it, yes, but keep in mind they are extremely busy right now, with the kickstarter items being worked on and delivered, the Chinese new year coming up, and various other projects to make it an even better game.

Just be patient, I'm sure they will give updates when they have time, for now the forums work as players are willing to answer any questions if they know them.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-7 03:46:23 |Show all posts
The new launcher installs the game at "C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\SpicyHorse" and it is not possible to stop it. Welcome to the show 'How to break something that is already working!'.

I hope I can change the directory like it is written in the changelog after the installation is complete.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-2-7 05:18:55 |Show all posts
At least for me , the launcher got updated really well without any reinstall or strange stuff... but its got more lagged tan before

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|SpicyWorld

2019-8-26 16:06 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.013920 second(s), 10 queries .

To Top